Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of you guys on the Illinois Gulch run had what you called Digger skids on your rear LCA mounts. I've been looking into those and I'm a bit confused...

I purchased "Digger Links" (rear LCAs) using a phone number I found on the forum for a guy named Chris in Wisconsin. I was under the impression he was Digger. I called him up on Monday to ask about the skids and caught him in the middle of something else but got a price. He said he'd call me back but I haven't heard anything from him yet.

Tonight I found a website called Outrider Offroad which is selling skids which look like what you guys had and I saw them referred to as Digger skids on the forum. They were about $60 cheaper (with shipping) than what the guy in Wisconsin was selling his for.

Soooo...after all of that (sorry for the gigapost) - which ones are the ones you guys have?

...and who is the real Digger? :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Outrider suspension armor is what we have and are very happy with. Outrider is the real digger.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys so much!

Did I screw up by ordering the links off the other guy, or is he the legit "digger links" dude?

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Landy! I think I'll be ordering up those skids tomorrow. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Man, that is confusing. Knowing that there is a guy named Digger on the forum who makes link armor, why did someone make links called Digger Links? I guess maybe digger was not making his armor at that time.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
A couple of you guys on the Illinois Gulch run had what you called Digger skids on your rear LCA mounts. I've been looking into those and I'm a bit confused...

I purchased "Digger Links" (rear LCAs) using a phone number I found on the forum for a guy named Chris in Wisconsin. I was under the impression he was Digger. I called him up on Monday to ask about the skids and caught him in the middle of something else but got a price. He said he'd call me back but I haven't heard anything from him yet.

Tonight I found a website called Outrider Offroad which is selling skids which look like what you guys had and I saw them referred to as Digger skids on the forum. They were about $60 cheaper (with shipping) than what the guy in Wisconsin was selling his for.

Soooo...after all of that (sorry for the gigapost) - which ones are the ones you guys have?

...and who is the real Digger? :)
Hey J,
nice gettin out on a trail with you the other day....looking forward to the next one.

The ones that you saw on Sandi (the red things) are from Digger at Outrider Offroad. I said the web address (OutriderOffroad.com), but forgot (Digger, don't read this part) to hand you any material....I usually hand out a postcard with his details on it and stickers to anyone interested (well, and probably some that aren't :silly: ). I guess when I heard the way you were talking about them and were already in contact wiht the person to buy them, I just assumed that it was the Outrider Offroad version of the name 'Digger' that you were talking about ...confusing indeed. So, I figured, if you're already talking with him, then you know all about it.....I will be smarter next time.....hand it over just to make sure we're all on the same page. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's funny - I thought I was already in contact with the right people too so I didn't worry too much about making sure I heard the web address you mentioned last weekend. :)

It was when I called the digger links guy about them on Monday and he sounded confused (and said he didn't have a website with any FJ parts on it) that I started wondering. Cruising around the forums, I came across the Outrider site and thought those looked awfully familiar.

Anyhow, I got it all cleared up thanks to everyone here and ordered the "advanced protection package" today. I wouldn't worry about promo materials if I were Digger...seeing them in action should be enough to convince anyone! :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts