Votes: 7 50.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021, FJC, Cement Grey, A/T
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

Slowly customising my FJ to make it look the way I want...
I am finding myself in a bit of a pickle here ; I can make choices of my own, but maybe I didn't think of everything so... please let me know what YOU think would suit my cement grey FJ and WHY so?
Pictures right here...

Black model ;
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

And the titanium model;
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Automotive design Rim
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Thanks in advance for your inputs !

Sam'

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,480 Posts
I like the Titanium by itself, but the with the Cement Grey the colors are similar but the tones are off.
Black doesn't show the wheel design as much, however, it ties in with black trim accents really well.
Note the nighttime lighting could also be effecting the appearance of the colors.
Just my 2¢, pick the ones you like best 🙂👍

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
I like the black. Goes with the Cement Grey and black trim IMHO :)

Reactions: Sam687

·
Registered
2013 TT
35 Posts
I love the black wheels with cement. I have silver lugs with black wheels and cement so perhaps I am biased. That's my vote!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Black wheels look great, but the details don't show as good as with the lighter titanium... I just don't want to regret the choice... damn, that's difficult 😕

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How fast can u run? Maybe show it in motion 😜
Ahahah, that's the wheel's merchant's job to do that 🤣
In the middle east, the customer's job is to pay, and tip good if you receive a good service (very important part, the tips!)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I am biased in favor of black wheels—I think they provide a better contrast against the Cement color. Titanium seems like a poor match IMHO.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
560 Posts
Do you think that the slightly difference in tone between the wheel and the body color makes it look like half a match..?
I get your point there but still I think that the titanium ones are far better looking
Yes, the black gives it a more settled look to it, black trim, black rim and black wheel... But in my opinion that what makes it more interesting in the titanium, the fact it breaks out of the full black
And I don't think it needs to be perfect color match, that's what rims are for, that what draws the looks to them

Again, just me... I'll go titanium

Either way it's a good looking rim and will make the FJ looks great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have any other photos available at the moment, but I have black Method 701 wheels on my cement FJ. I may be biased here, but that would be my preference.

View attachment 1176471
Waaa, thanks a lot for this picture - this actually completed the process of making up my mind - no offense to your great looking rig but I will be going with Titanium 314....

The details of the wheels definitely get washed out in this color - and nothing to "cut" this "black slice" ; tires, wheels, fenders,...

Consequently I will be going against 80% of the votes received in favor of the black - and go for something different!

Thanks again for posting this picture of your great looking beast !

Sam.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a little late to this game, but I think you made the right choice. The titanium wheels are sharp!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again for all your messages, I have ordered the wheels and they should be around within 2 to 3 weeks... can't wait...

Hmmm, maybe I should have asked earlier but considering that I am running 2inch spacers, is the below rim will fit with the original tire, without rubbing (no bmc)..? Here below is the technical information related to the said wheel...

Also, whenever time will come to change the tires, what is the widest tire I can fit without the need for BMC...?

Keep in mind I do desert driving, so full range of motion on the suspension is required...

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Sam.

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
2014 Cement, SWFL
3 Posts
Hello everybody!

Slowly customising my FJ to make it look the way I want...
I am finding myself in a bit of a pickle here ; I can make choices of my own, but maybe I didn't think of everything so... please let me know what YOU think would suit my cement grey FJ and WHY so?
Pictures right here...

Black model ;
View attachment 1176429 View attachment 1176430

And the titanium model;
View attachment 1176431 View attachment 1176432

Thanks in advance for your inputs !

Sam'
I'm biased to Titanium! I'm running SCS Matte Silver on my Cement.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts