Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm JD and live in South Carolina, in what we call "the Dark Corner" right on the border with North Carolina where the moonshiners used to run. I had been lusting after a 2011 Special Edition mainly because of the rad color scheme, and needed to replace the 1987 4Runner I sold last summer. (One owner, 264,000 miles)
I read the Thread Without End about the NSSEs so when I got a line on a manual transmission version I pulled the trigger on the purchase. I got it slick (no roof rack) and had the dealer install a hitch and 7 pin plug (I tow a 22' Airstream). Other than that it is a Package #3 stock NSSE, ugly wheels and all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Airstream is right around 4000# dry. I live in it occasionally; it does just fine. My longest residence was six months at a stretch.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Welcome! Nice rig. And don't you EVER call those wheels ugly again...

J/K. I lust after those right now...

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Howdy!

I love Airstreams! Prior to the FJ, I had a 1996 30' Excella Classic for a long time, and lived it in while I worked out of town for several years doing the weekend-commuter thing. It was great! And, it was always packed and ready to go when we wanted to get away and I'd just meet the wife somewhere.

Enjoy both!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy!

I love Airstreams! Prior to the FJ, I had a 1996 30' Excella Classic for a long time, and lived it in while I worked out of town for several years doing the weekend-commuter thing. It was great! And, it was always packed and ready to go when we wanted to get away and I'd just meet the wife somewhere.
I'm taking the NSSE and the Silver Bullet down south of Columbia, SC this weekend for some swamp kayaking and camping. It'll be the first time I've towed with the new rig.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Nice rig. And don't you EVER call those wheels ugly again...
They do kinda grow on you. I'm also looking for a big white star to put on the hood or on the front doors. What the heck, maybe on the roof.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
They do kinda grow on you. I'm also looking for a big white star to put on the hood or on the front doors. What the heck, maybe on the roof.
THAT would be sweet!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!
You have one of the rarest of the rare there with the manual transmission.

:cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sweet, I'll be interested in how well that tows for you. I'll be getting my boat out of storage in a couple weeks myself. I picked up a 2011 AG non-NSSE three weeks ago.
Wife likes the white top and the auto, but she never drives it anyway.
Oh yeah, welcome.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Congrats. Stars like this?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Virginia! Love the green.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome JD....

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Looks great man! Congrats and welcome to the NSSE club!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome. Please post pics of the Airstream hooked up to the FJ. Let us know how it towed the Airstream.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts