Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nick C.

My name is Bob. Retired military living in the Philippines. I started this thread which has slightly moved off topic. I've replaced all my interior lights with your LED's. Very happy with the products and customer service of Diode Dynamics. Our time differences make it difficult for me to call so hopefully you can answer a few questions through this forums.

1. I'm interested in your SL1 LED Headlights. I'm an old fart and have trouble seeing at night. I need to illuminate the road in front of me with bright white light and ready to pull the trigger on an upgrade. When I search your website by vehicle no LED headlights are shown. Under the "Bulbs" tab on your site you list 8 different LS1 models. Which model fits my cruiser?

2. You stated that Diode Dynamics will release a SL2 version. What are the differences between the SL1 and upcoming SL2?

3. Your website indicated that the SL1 LED's are back-ordered shipping in 6 to 8 weeks. Is this information still correct?

4. What is the estimated date of availability for the SL2's
Hello Bob,

First off, thank you for your service, we greatly appreciate it!

Secondly, the SL1 is currently available for single-filament applications only. Our engineering team is still working on the dual-filament SL2 models, but we don't have a time-frame or ETA on their release. It's difficult to design a single-filament model, let alone a dual, but our engineering team is up for the challenge and will come out with something special.

3: SL1 applications are likely going to ship quicker than 6-8 weeks, but we've updated the lead times to give production an opportunity to catch up (hiring new employees like crazy!).

4. We don't have a time-frame available on the SL2 quite yet, but the FJ Cruiser will definitely be a vehicle we bring in for comparison shots & testing.

Thank you for asking!!

We are extremely proud to be manufacturing the SL1 here in St. Louis, Missouri.

Nick C.
Nick

Any updates es?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hi. I updated every light in my FJ with Diode Dynamics about 2 months ago. (June 2019). So far so good. I love them all. I even got the SmartTap which is pretty cool. Here is what I got:

Diode Dynamics LED
SS6 (wide) - $160
Amber outer lens - $3
Rear blinkers: Amber HP11 - $40
Front blinkers: HP11 - $40
Mirror lights: Amber HP5 - $20
Backup: XP50 - $90
Interior Dome: SMD12 Board Green - $5
Flasher Relay: CF18 SmartTap - $60
Rear Brake: XP80 - $40
Trunk light: SMD12 - $8
Halo: Switchback 150mm - $135
Headlight: hi/lo 6000 - $140 if non canbus - $240 if canbus

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi. I updated every light in my FJ with Diode Dynamics about 2 months ago. (June 2019). So far so good. I love them all. I even got the SmartTap which is pretty cool. Here is what I got:

Diode Dynamics LED
@Headlights NW
SS6 (wide) - $160
Amber outer lens - $3
Rear blinkers: Amber HP11 - $40
Front blinkers: HP11 - $40
Mirror lights: Amber HP5 - $20 ✔
Backup: XP50 - $90
Interior Dome: SMD12 Board Green - $5
Flasher Relay: CF18 SmartTap - $60
Rear Brake: XP80 - $40
Trunk light: SMD12 - $8
Halo: Switchback 150mm - $135
Headlight: hi/lo 6000 - $140 if non canbus - $240 if canbus
i also got all parts from diode for all lights
Love them

Howveer / do you have link to headlight you got that are led ? They work with DRL and no error messages?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this post is 3 months old, but I have purchased multiple sets of leds for my FJ.
Flashback turn signals, interior lighting, led's for everything I replaced.

Purchased the HID's for my FJ 1+ years ago, and they're phenomenal.
Incidentally, purchased the FJ HID's because they hadn't developed the headlight LED's yet.
Ended up buying a set for my Wife's 4Runner, and they're perfect.

You do get what you pay for.

·
Vendor
503 Posts
I know this post is 3 months old, but I have purchased multiple sets of leds for my FJ.
Flashback turn signals, interior lighting, led's for everything I replaced.

Purchased the HID's for my FJ 1+ years ago, and they're phenomenal.
Incidentally, purchased the FJ HID's because they hadn't developed the headlight LED's yet.
Ended up buying a set for my Wife's 4Runner, and they're perfect.

You do get what you pay for.
Thanks for your support!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

21 - 27 of 27 Posts