Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Toyota FJ Cruiser enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Re: Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Do you have an FJ kit...looking for exterior w/o HID but do need three brake light bulbs

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Do you have an FJ kit...looking for exterior w/o HID but do need three brake light bulbs
We have FJ Cruiser lighting listed here on the site: FJ Cruiser - Toyota - Bulbs By Vehicle - Lighting

Also, we are running a big labor day sale so now is a great time to buy!

Feel free to call us if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Would the smd12 board fit inside the housing inside the FJ cabin lights for both front and rear?

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I really appreciate it when a company bothers to make a decent video for their product and the install

would like to see an amber light in the mirror in the video too
The only downside about amber is that it's not offered in a 921-size, so you'd have to select our (92 lumen) HP5's.

Our white 921 options (HP36, XP50) produce 210 lumens and 410 lumens respectively.

However, an amber HP5 would be a nice cosmetic touch if you aren't concerned about usable output. (The factory lens does a poor job with output regardless)

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

The only downside about amber is that it's not offered in a 921-size, so you'd have to select our (92 lumen) HP5's.

Our white 921 options (HP36, XP50) produce 210 lumens and 410 lumens respectively.

However, an amber HP5 would be a nice cosmetic touch if you aren't concerned about usable output. (The factory lens does a poor job with output regardless)

Nick C.
Okie Dokie, so the 921 (HP36, XP50) is what I needed to know for the mirror bulbs. Forward I go in search of....

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

Keep us posted

Nick C.
Ugh.....YGBSM....

Please update the listing on your website so that we know what to order.

And please update my order 11239935 to reflect a pair of 194 HP3 instead of the incorrect pair of 921 H36's. :|

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Ugh.....YGBSM....

Please update the listing on your website so that we know what to order.

And please update my order 11239935 to reflect a pair of 194 HP3 instead of the incorrect pair of 921 H36's. :|
The HP36's were installed in the video and will fit perfectly (194 and 921 use the same base size)

I apologize for the confusion

We are still updating the FJ Cruiser listing to include more fitment information as well

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

Ok. Well, the 194 HP3 is about the brightness I am looking for judging from the photos. In one of your messages after I placed the order I understood you to say the HP36 was going to be very bright and recommended the 194 bulb. So if you would please update my order to reflect the 194 HP3 and NOT the HP36 I would greatly appreciate it. :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ok. Well, the 194 HP3 is about the brightness I am looking for judging from the photos. In one of your messages after I placed the order I understood you to say the HP36 was going to be very bright and recommended the 194 bulb. So if you would please update my order to reflect the 194 HP3 and NOT the HP36 I would greatly appreciate it. :bigthumb:
The HP36 is the recommended model, and was installed in the installation video

If you wish to exchange your order, please contact us directly

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

Ugh.

What a mess for a simple mirror bulb. I was not looking for "significantly" brighter in the mirrors. I appreciated the recommendation for the HP3 bulb as slightly brighter than stock in the photo comparisons and I believe it will be much whiter regardless. I also appreciated the apology and message that you will get me taken care of when you learned I was placing this order from outside the country and could not call. I also appreciated your January post regarding mirror bulbs for the FJ even in the absence of the DD website listing said bulbs or videos 6 months later.

At this stage I no longer know what I am getting for the mirrors but go ahead and just send me whatever you "think" I want. I am apparently happy to pay for it. You will most certainly be getting a call when I hit the states in a few days.

Posting from Shanghai.

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ugh.

What a mess for a simple mirror bulb. I was not looking for "significantly" brighter in the mirrors. I appreciated the recommendation for the HP3 bulb as slightly brighter than stock in the photo comparisons and I believe it will be much whiter regardless. I also appreciated the apology and message that you will get me taken care of when you learned I was placing this order from outside the country and could not call. I also appreciated your January post regarding mirror bulbs for the FJ even in the absence of the DD website listing said bulbs or videos 6 months later.

At this stage I no longer know what I am getting for the mirrors but go ahead and just send me whatever you "think" I want. I am apparently happy to pay for it. You will most certainly be getting a call when I hit the states in a few days.

Posting from Shanghai.
We can easily exchange the HP36's for a set HP3 or HP5 when you are stateside and refund you for the difference. We don't charge a restocking fee for exchanges either.

Again, I apologize for the confusion, but enjoy your trip and give us a call when you return.

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Vendor
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 54 Posts