Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Where is the original relay located, if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
It's located in the driver's side footwell area, under the steering wheel

Only FJ Cruisers up to 2012? What about 2014? Send me one, and I will test it out for you!!
We haven't had a 2013+ in the studio to confirm. It's possible they switched to a digital flasher in 2013+.

We would need it to be local to us here in St. Louis

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts

We haven't had a 2013+ in the studio to confirm. It's possible they switched to a digital flasher in 2013+.

Thanks!

Nick C.

I can swing thru in July on my way to the fj summit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts

Thanks!
Nick C.
This is the only reason why I haven't purchase this....would really want to have this, but I got a 2013 fj.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and decided to buy the SmartTap to try on my 2014 FJ and as feared not everything works. Below are the things so far I found that doesn't work;

1) Tap-to-Signal - only flashes 3 times with a tap and can not be adjusted through programming

2) No Arrival or Departure light - unable to change through programming

3) Factory Headunit display backlight flashes with blinker when no lights are on. Problem goes away with either parking light or headlights on.

So far that is all I found that doesn't work. Will update as more things are found. The good news is that at least it does have somewhat a tap feature and the hazards will wig-wag.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and decided to buy the SmartTap to try on my 2014 FJ and as feared not everything works. Below are the things so far I found that doesn't work;
I have one in my 2014 and the only problem I have is no arrival light. Departure works. I went through several emails with DAD and 3 units to see if it was just faulty modules. Decided to keep it as most things but I really would like the arrival light to work.

Bummer you are having more issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
Strange. Well if any of yall want to ship me yours for my 07 ill take it off your hands!. For some reason I only want to pay $50 instead of $60 lol. We need a group buy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one in my 2014 and the only problem I have is no arrival light. Departure works. I went through several emails with DAD and 3 units to see if it was just faulty modules. Decided to keep it as most things but I really would like the arrival light to work.
Same here. I recently installed one on my 2014 TTUE and the "No Arrival Light" is the only feature that doesn't function as advertised. Kind of a bummer but still worth it for the other features IMO.

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Same here. I recently installed one on my 2014 TTUE and the "No Arrival Light" is the only feature that doesn't function as advertised. Kind of a bummer but still worth it for the other features IMO.
The arrival & departure features aren't compatible with every vehicle unfortunately. We have a list of known incompatible vehicles, but it is a bummer nonetheless :frown

Nick C.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
I got in on the July4th discount. Works well. Like the others state, Arrival lighting is the only one that doesn't work. I think it is simply because the FJ flashes twice when you unlock, so it probably activates with the first flash, then immediately is overrun and turned off by the second.

Everything else works great!

Also sounds different. More of a clock tick, than the lower-pitched click I had before. Could be because I had to Hulk the old flasher off and zip tie the new one to a metal brace lol

21 - 40 of 79 Posts