Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just ordered the SmartTap. Thanks again for the shipping code Nick!

·
Desert Moderator
6,211 Posts
I just bought this - looking forward to it arriving!

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I changed my flasher unit when I changed all my lights to LED. Will this provide the proper circuitry for LED turn signals?
The CF18 SmartTap was engineered to function correctly with both LED and Incandescent bulbs installed. LEDs are preferred of course ;-)

Nick C.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wasn’t to impressed with these. The No Arrival or Departure light thing didn’t work and really how often do u use the hazard light wig wag etc feature. I also changed all my bulbs to led. The one tap 3 blink for changing lanes is usefully. This whole set up was really expensive, I’m in Canada so even worse. I just don’t think it’s worth the cost imo.

·
Desert Moderator
6,211 Posts
I wasn’t to impressed with these. The No Arrival or Departure light thing didn’t work and really how often do u use the hazard light wig wag etc feature. I also changed all my bulbs to led. The one tap 3 blink for changing lanes is usefully. This whole set up was really expensive, I’m in Canada so even worse. I just don’t think it’s worth the cost imo.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I looked at the tapturn and the smarttap and decided that the smarttap was the way to go.

1) The tapturn starts out cheaper, but it's only for the basic model
2) One model of smarttap does everything and is cheaper than the tapturn that does everything
3) Diode Dynamics is a supporting vendor for this site

That was my reasoning anyway.

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm sorry to hear that.

We do have a list of vehicles that aren't compatible with the Arrival or Departure lighting feature, and unfortunately it includes the FJ.

We produce this product here in St. Louis, and priced it considerably lower than anything else on the market.

I personally find the 3-blink feature worth the entire cost of the unit for convenience alone, but everyone is entitled to an opinion and we appreciate your feedback regardless.

Nick C.

·
Desert Moderator
6,211 Posts
Mine arrived today along with some inferior cheap ass interior LEDs.
I'll be ordering some DD LEDs for the interior now...

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Would you pm me the cost of posting to the UK (NR9 4AF) or if I need to get it forwarded.
You'll receive a calculated total at the checkout page prior to completing your order. I suggest adding it to your cart and inputting your full address for the most accurate quote.

Thanks!
Nick C.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts