Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that.

We do have a list of vehicles that aren't compatible with the Arrival or Departure lighting feature, and unfortunately it includes the FJ.

We produce this product here in St. Louis, and priced it considerably lower than anything else on the market.

I personally find the 3-blink feature worth the entire cost of the unit for convenience alone, but everyone is entitled to an opinion and we appreciate your feedback regardless.

Nick C.
Does the SmartTap work on 2013-14 FJs? Website says 07-12. I'm confused, does the arrival/departure feature work on FJs or not? Thanks.

·
Desert Moderator
6,518 Posts
Does the SmartTap work on 2013-14 FJs? Website says 07-12. I'm confused, does the arrival/departure feature work on FJs or not? Thanks.
I have it in my 14 and it works perfectly.
My remote lock/unlock is locally installed (not factory) and it does work with departure feature. If I want arrival I can unlock / lock to get the same effect.

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The SmartTap works on all FJ Cruiser model years, but the Arrival & Departure features may not be compatible with all FJs.

Unfortunately, we haven't narrowed down 100% of which vehicles the Arrival & Departure features are compatible with, but we update the list regularly.

Regardless, the other features make this an amazing upgrade.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I have it in my 14 and it works perfectly.
My remote lock/unlock is locally installed (not factory) and it does work with departure feature. If I want arrival I can unlock / lock to get the same effect.
The SmartTap works on all FJ Cruiser model years, but the Arrival & Departure features may not be compatible with all FJs.

Unfortunately, we haven't narrowed down 100% of which vehicles the Arrival & Departure features are compatible with, but we update the list regularly.

Regardless, the other features make this an amazing upgrade.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Thanks for the replies. For me, the arrival/departure feature is/was the most attractive (rarely use the hazards; never understood the desire for tap vs. turning signal on/off).

·
Desert Moderator
6,518 Posts
Thanks for the replies. For me, the arrival/departure feature is/was the most attractive (rarely use the hazards; never understood the desire for tap vs. turning signal on/off).
Do your hazards flash on lock / unlock now?

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My pleasure!

I agree, it's an awesome feature. I blame Toyota for their lack of consistency with BCM design lol.

Nick C.

·
Desert Moderator
6,518 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well it’s on the first page of the ad from this site, The arrival departure feature is advertised and there is an FJ right underneath it. I didn’t think I had to read the fine print to realize that it didn’t work for the FJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
before i was a member of this forum i looked into the smart tap. i emailed diode dynamics from their website asking about the 2013 FJ. They replied that the smart tap and the regular cf18 flash will not work because the 2013 FJ cruiser has a non-removable flasher. after looking for myself, i realized the flasher is exactly the same as other models. i ended up buying the flasher from a 3rd party.

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
before i was a member of this forum i looked into the smart tap. i emailed diode dynamics from their website asking about the 2013 FJ. They replied that the smart tap and the regular cf18 flash will not work because the 2013 FJ cruiser has a non-removable flasher. after looking for myself, i realized the flasher is exactly the same as other models. i ended up buying the flasher from a 3rd party.
I apologize for that initial confusion, but the SmartTap is a direct replacement for all FJ Cruiser model years. We've been able to confirm that all FJs use a CF18.

Thank you,
Nick C.

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Our Memorial Day sale starts NOW! Today through Friday, 5/29/2020, save 20% on all LED upgrades, including our SmartTap Flasher Module by entering coupon code "USA20" at checkout!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 5/29/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
EVERYONE BUY THIS.

I was reluctant for the longest time and waited and waited on a sale. Ive had it for a good long while now and cannot imagine not having the highway blinker. Just makes driving so much more enjoyable.

·
Vendor
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
EVERYONE BUY THIS.

I was reluctant for the longest time and waited and waited on a sale. Ive had it for a good long while now and cannot imagine not having the highway blinker. Just makes driving so much more enjoyable.
Glad to hear you like it! Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was just thinking about adding this function to my rig this week. Timely post. And thanks for the recommendation iwashmycar. Order placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 79 of 79 Posts