Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We will be having a Southeast stop for this year's Dirty Toy School. It will be Aug 15th-17th in Monteagle, TN. If you are new to 4 wheelin, would like to learn more or have a spouse that would like to know what you do on the weekends. This is your chance to learn.
I have also heard that the East Coast Trail Team will be here too.

If you own a Toyota, come join us in Monteagle, TN for 2 days of 4 wheeling fun!!!

* Learn and ride with the legendary Bill Burke, Chris Nelson, Dave Logan, and the Damn Locals 4WD Club
* Limited to the first 40 Toyota 4WD owners
* Trail rides available for everyone from mild to difficult

Where: Monteagle, TN
When: August 15th, 16th, and 17th
Go to registration form.

For more information: [email protected]

Here's what you get!

* Friday evening Meet & Greet
* Saturday morning - attend two training sessions from four available choices
* Saturday afternoon - a variety of trail ride choices
* Saturday evening - dinner with door prizes
* Sunday morning - attend one training session from two available choices
* Sunday - a variety of trail ride choices
* Event swag includes a DVD, event T-shirt, and more

Tech Inspection
Friday Night
Testimonial from Tomas Dawson

"I am very happy to have attended the first Dirty Toy School in Grand Junction, Colorado. After 2 days of working with Bill and Chris I feel much more comfortable with the limits of the FJ and more so of driving abilities. I highly recommend this class for those that have a 4WD Toyota and are ready to head off road and needs to learn the basic required skills."

* All vehicles must be street legal, licensed and insured in the state with which they are registered
* 4WD with a low range transfer case (Hi/Lo)
* No running boards or snow plow frames
* Front and rear frame mounted tow hooks with grade 8 bolts (Factory loops are acceptable)
* A rear receiver hitch is acceptable for a rear tow point
* Open soft top vehicles must have a roll bar or safety cage
* Seatbelts for all occupants
* Full sized spare tire, jack, and lug wrench
* Battery must be properly secured
* First Aid kit
* Fire extinguisher
* CB radios recommended - FRS radios accepted
* Leather palm gloves
* Interior gear must be tied down to prevent injury

The Dirty Toy School reserves the right to refuse any vehicle deemed to be mechanically unsafe by the staff. Chances to repair or correct shortcomings will be allowed. "No compromise on safety" is our motto.

Stacey & I will be in attendance too learn more. Hope to see some more FJ faces

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
We will be having a Southeast stop for this year's Dirty Toy School. It will be Aug 15th-17th in Monteagle, TN. If you are new to 4 wheelin, would like to learn more or have a spouse that would like to know what you do on the weekends. This is your chance to learn.

If you own a Toyota, come join us in Monteagle, TN for 2 days of 4 wheeling fun!!!

* Learn and ride with the legendary Bill Burke, Chris Nelson, Dave Logan, and the Damn Locals 4WD Club
* Limited to the first 40 Toyota 4WD owners
* Trail rides available for everyone from mild to difficult

Where: Monteagle, TN
When: August 15th, 16th, and 17th
Go to registration form.

For more information: [email protected]

Here's what you get!

* Friday evening Meet & Greet
* Saturday morning - attend two training sessions from four available choices
* Saturday afternoon - a variety of trail ride choices
* Saturday evening - dinner with door prizes
* Sunday morning - attend one training session from two available choices
* Sunday - a variety of trail ride choices
* Event swag includes a DVD, event T-shirt, and more

Tech Inspection
Friday Night
Testimonial from Tomas Dawson

"I am very happy to have attended the first Dirty Toy School in Grand Junction, Colorado. After 2 days of working with Bill and Chris I feel much more comfortable with the limits of the FJ and more so of driving abilities. I highly recommend this class for those that have a 4WD Toyota and are ready to head off road and needs to learn the basic required skills."

* All vehicles must be street legal, licensed and insured in the state with which they are registered
* 4WD with a low range transfer case (Hi/Lo)
* No running boards or snow plow frames
* Front and rear frame mounted tow hooks with grade 8 bolts (Factory loops are acceptable)
* A rear receiver hitch is acceptable for a rear tow point
* Open soft top vehicles must have a roll bar or safety cage
* Seatbelts for all occupants
* Full sized spare tire, jack, and lug wrench
* Battery must be properly secured
* First Aid kit
* Fire extinguisher
* CB radios recommended - FRS radios accepted
* Leather palm gloves
* Interior gear must be tied down to prevent injury

The Dirty Toy School reserves the right to refuse any vehicle deemed to be mechanically unsafe by the staff. Chances to repair or correct shortcomings will be allowed. "No compromise on safety" is our motto.

Stacey & I will be in attendance too learn more. Hope to see some more FJ faces
X2 on your comments Terry! Even experienced drivers can learn from these guys!!!

Shirley and daughter Michelle will be participating. I'll be holding the hotel room down.

BTW, Bill Burke will not be there. And, unfortunately, since we registered late the ladies will not be getting tee shirts...

cheers,

dale

1 - 2 of 2 Posts