Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that the FJ is equipped with headlights that automatically turn themselves off when the ignition is off.

Mine seems to be missing that function. If I turn off the engine, pull the keys, and walk away without turning off the lights, they will stay on all night and drain my battery.

What’s up with that? >:-/

I’m thinking the previous owner went out of his way to do this. Does that make sense or am I crazy? Or both?

Dan

·
Registered
453 Posts
My understanding is that the FJ is equipped with headlights that automatically turn themselves off when the ignition is off.

Mine seems to be missing that function. If I turn off the engine, pull the keys, and walk away without turning off the lights, they will stay on all night and drain my battery.

What’s up with that? >:-/

I’m thinking the previous owner went out of his way to do this. Does that make sense or am I crazy? Or both?

Dan
Maybe a bad door switch and ECU is not receiving signal that you have exited the vehicle.
My 07 had the same problem and it was the driver side door switch. The switch is on the suicide door and fastened with 1 10mm bolt. Undo the bolt (assuming you can find the never there when you need it 10mm socket) pull the switch out of the door far enough to clean the contacts and bolt the switch back in the door.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe a bad door switch and ECU is not receiving signal that you have exited the vehicle.
My 07 had the same problem and it was the driver side door switch. The switch is on the suicide door and fastened with 1 10mm bolt. Undo the bolt (assuming you can find the never there when you need it 10mm socket) pull the switch out of the door far enough to clean the contacts and bolt the switch back in the door.
Hmmm, thanks guys; I would have never thought of this. I'll check it out.

Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
With a bad or intermittent door switch the interior lights will not light when the door is opened. In my case, my car alarm will turn back on if I use the fob and not open any door within several minutes, which happened to me a couple of times (alarm turned on while sitting in FJ}. Cleaned driver switch as described above and corrected the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts