Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can all go to the Disabled Explorers website to checkout the report on our first Ride-A-Long event...
This was as much a test run and a chance to get something up on the website for folks to see and get some trust built up...yeah the 3 amputee's were all drivers of their own rigs but hey that just shows that anyone can get out and enjoy the backcountry with the right knowledge & gear :)
I would much rather find all the kinks in the plans with a great group of folks like we had than wait unitl the events are big to learn what is wrong!

If you are from Az please don't flame me for not making a big deal out of this first event...it was meant to be a test run. Not only was I not sure what my turnout would be I didn't want to end up with 30 rigs and no one to take as passengers...
After the summer heat passes you can look forward to more Ride-A-Long events where we will need help providing seats to those interested in 4wd exploration of the backcountry. I know this is a great group and that there will be pleny of help from you all.

For those of you outside of Arizona we are already working on a Fall event in Socal and of course anyone at the FJ Summit will see us as that is the 1/2 point in our Continental Divide Expedition! 24 days, over 5000 miles and Canada to Mexico on dirt!

All thoughts welcome on this event and anything else Disabled Explorers is up to.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I just checked out the webpage, that is awesome Lance.
These rides are even more reason for me to want to move out west.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked out the webpage, that is awesome Lance.
These rides are even more reason for me to want to move out west.
The goal is to find quality disabled folks who are already out wheeling all around the country and make them Ambassadors for their area...that way no matter where a person lives there can be a mentor close by to help.

If you ever meet anyone interested in vehicle based backcountry exploration put them in contact with us...or if you ever meet anyone already out there please let them know about us...if nothing else we would like to feature their story.

thanks for the encouragement....

Oh and Terry I know you personally and Allpro with you are behind us 100%, I already have you as a listed sponsor since I run the Allpro suspension and have loved it since install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts