Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from the wise folks around here....
I would like to figure out repeaters for our route on the Continental Divide Expedition especially any IRLP nodes that we could arrange to have a net on so folks could check in with us during the trip.
I can not figure out how to post the KML or GPX file of our route here so folks can look in google earth but I would be willing to email it to anyone who knows how to look up locations of repeaters in Utah, WY, MT, CO, NM...
Thanks in advance

Oh 2m or 70cm either is fine

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Lance to upload the KML file just add to the extension ".pdf" or ".zip" so it would read
ContinentalDivideExpedition.kml.pdf
then use the attach button
and pick the file you just add the extension to. After people save it they will have to erase the ".pdf" before they open it, but it works I've done it a couple times. :D

Don't add the extension to the one you use for google earth save it as then add the extension.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
So, that second link has a GE dynamic link that's KICKEN! It automatically loads all repeaters in their DB based on your GE zoom level...

Looks to me like you'll have plenty of coverage (not 100%, but at least 60%). Not sure about IRLP though, I can't even get one of those @ my house....

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shane & Josh found good info and posting a new thread!

Oh and we won't need regular repeaters just IRLP for reaching home...SPOT will take care of letting home folks know we are ok otherwise :)

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
No problem, checking out the new thread now. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
The GE extension works fantastic! You can even download the search results as a kml GE file to plot only what you are interested in ... awesome! :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts