Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
FWIW, I have met the owner, he is a grass roots family guy, running this shop in his off time and weekends. BY HIMSELF!
When I spoke to my good friend Bud(built) and shared with him my joy
at finally doing a SAS on my runner..... and WabFab was doing the work, Bud said "I know Brian from the old Telico days, he's a good fabricator". (He got skills). Wabbit and I have communicated a great deal over the last few weeks and I say he is good people and does what he can when he can. You don't know what is going on until you walk in his shoes. How many of you whiners are trying to run a business after putting a full day in at work. Do you have a concept of everything that has to happen from you calling and saying I want, till you get the final product? It's this kind of crap that has run off most all of us old timers from this site. You want what you want and you want it now. And god help those that fall out of favor with someone that has 250 million post on 12 different websites, cause the pack will pounce.
Now throw your child tantrum and run and tell a mod on me I haven't been banned in like 5 years. :bigthumb: only a thumb because I cant use the one I want.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Let's tell the WHOLE story there James as there were numerous emails over a 2 day period before I told you to F off.
Good lord. This is your idea of customer service? Unbelievable, and you just confirmed that all of the complaints listed thus far are fully warranted. Let's take it line-by-line.

On Dec 14, 2011, at 11:19 AM, A new entry has been added to Contact WabFab and contains the following data
Name : James
E-Mail :
Comments : RE: 96-02 4Runner Clutch Kits.
Hello, I am in the market for a clutch kit for my 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4/V6. I see your higher-rated clutch kit for my truck is rated @ 1,600lbs. Your cheaper OEM kit does not state poundage -- please confirm the poundage on that kit (900lbs...1,200lbs..., etc.). I need this info prior to pursuing purchase. Thank you.

On Dec 14, 2011, at 11:31 AM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote:
Janes, Sorry but there is NOT a 1600 lb clutch kit on the website for a 3.4, please look again. It is not listed in the product pull down window. Stock is 900 lb
Way to come right out of the gate hostile. There is no excuse for the tone used in your response. "there is NOT......please look again." Seriously dude?

On Dec 15, 2011, at 8:53 AM, James wrote: Is your Aisin standard kit NVR Tech or DST type? Thank you.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 8:56 AM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: Sorry but no clue what you are talking about. It's a standard Aisin clutch kit that comes in the typical Aisin blue box. I've used and sold hundreds of them with no complaints.
"Sorry but no clue what you are talking about" would have been much better if worded "I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Could you provide more detail?" Also, he wasn't questioning whether there had been any complaints, so why are you already on the defensive?

On Thursday, December 15, 2011, James wrote: Are all your Aisin standard OEM kits less-than 1-year old? Aisin recently upgraded their standard OEM kits from the older DST to newer NVR (same blue box, same item # CKT-040). Explanation of benefits & pictures showing side by side comparisons on Aisin website. Aisin told me yesterday to stay away from DST because the differences are huge. Depending on your inventory-buying, you may have sold-thru all your DST's already or instead have both versions on your shelf. Per Aisin, I want to avoid DST. It sounds like it would be a good idea to call your Aisin rep to confirm this plus, they may even let you swap-out your DST inventory if any.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 12:09 PM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: My rep has no clue what you are talking about either. Sorry.
James has put some research into his purchase, and rightfully so. Would it really have been that hard for you to try to help as well, instead of just throwing back this (once again unnecessarily harsh) useless response?

On Dec 15, 2011, at 1:03 PM, James wrote: I am surprised your rep does not know about this. Below is Aisin's article on the subject and Aisin's Technical Bulletins that show all the upgraded physical and performance features of the newer NVR technology. Perhaps you can forward this to your rep or have one of your staff use the Tech Bulls to confirm which style you currently carry? Massive Parts Aisin introduces New NVR Technology for its clutches
http://www.aisin.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/DST-Type-vs.-new-NVR-Technology.pdf

On Dec 15, 2011, at 1:09 PM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: No staff it's me. I already talked to my rep and he had not heard of it so that's good enough for me. I've had dozens of Toyotas and as used and installed dozens more Aisin clutches. The old ones can't be so bad as most last 100k miles or more in normal driving. Personally I think you are WAY over researching the whole thing, but good luck finding a clutch that makes you happy. I don't think I sell such a product. Thanks.
The guy just wants to be sure of what he's getting, and at this point you've been less-than-helpful in providing the info he's requesting. He's not even questioning your knowledge, he's questioning the knowledge of your rep. And seriously, you try to tell him that he's over-researching things? I did my research for over a month before buying a new clutch for my Maxima, because I wanted to be sure I was getting what I really wanted. It is not for you, as a seller, to dismiss a customer's questions as irrelevant.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 2:29 PM, James wrote: I agree, the old DST kits are not that bad, but...the newer NVR's are superior...they last longer, are stronger, and quieter. As a business owner, please do not be ignorant to what your rep says in this case because you now have factual evidence clearly showing this newer NVR technology (directly from Aisin website). All Toyota OEM Aisin kits produced are now this NVR technology, that is fact. If you want, research/Google this yourself or you or your rep can call Aisin/CA, Chris Road, 310-891-6165 who spent much time with me yesterday explaining it all. Here is why I asked about the age of your inventory: from what I was told from other Aisin reps, if your inventory is under 1-yr old then chances are you already have the NVR kits and just don't know it (since the usual blue box and part # did not change). Or...maybe your rep sold you outdated DST technology at a lower price-point and that's why your kits are a bit cheaper than most other sellers? I don't know.
If I were a seller and had a customer bring this question to me and have done such research into my supplier, alerting me to possible issues with old inventory...hell...I'd give him a discount on his purchase for helping me out!

On Dec 15, 2011, at 2:43 PM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: Goodbye James.
Really? You're just going to check out. Wow.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 3:51 PM, James wrote: Goodbye. Check it out when you have time, you owe it to yourself. Then you can tell your rep he owes you a steak dinner or something for leading you astray. (chuckle) It's okay, I found another place that easily was able to confirm they do have the NVR and was actually a bit cheaper so it worked out anyways.
This was a reasonable response to your completely unreasonable "Goodbye James". If it had been me, I'd have been swearing up a storm at you at this point, rather than being this calm.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:55 PM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: Go away James.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 5:23 PM, James wrote: No reason to be rude. Goodbye.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 5:43 PM, WabFab Off-Road, LLC wrote: Now you're just being f annoying.
F off.
I don't know that I have words to describe just how immature your response is here, wabbit. You sound like you're 12. This is no way whatsoever to conduct business. Regardless of how annoying you may perceive a customer to be, there is never any excuse to be this rude to them.

You can complain all you want to about the comment from TRDparts4u, but at least when I send them a question, they bend over backwards to get me the most detailed answer they can. If the previous reports hadn't been enough to convince me to never buy from Wabfab, the reply to James that you posted just sealed the deal.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Pretty tacky to advertise in someone else's bash thread TRDParts 4U. Get your own bash thread!
As for the rest of you...:cowfrown:
If only you focused so hard on your part time website/fabrication business as you do trying to prove your point as you walk like a bull through a china shop...

TRDParts 4U simply offered an alternate to your failure. Wake up and smell the coffee. I offered another source., Are you going to come after me now you silly rabbit. Seriously, the absolute best thing you can do is put your tail between your legs and go away. Don't make the few that stood up for you regret it.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Customer Service and timely responses with communication and products have been an issue with WabFab for some time. Took raffle prize winner in my club few years ago months....like 6 months to get a Hi Lift Adapter. When you order did not matter...paying clients automatically got put to head of run ahead of free offers he gave out.

Metal Tech, Slee, and others build similar products for fair price.....and are timely in responses and shipping.

My previous dealings are annotated in my BUILD THREAD for the BrickHouse build thread

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/73288-brocks-brick-house-build.html

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Ummmm, I don't understand this. Have you ever bought anything from wabfab? Do you have a customer service complaint as well?
If not, than this is nothing more than using your MOD status to promote TRDparst4U is it not?

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Edited: I was out of line.

As stated, I don't have a dog in the fight. I was being a smarta$$. Nothing more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ummmm, I don't understand this. Have you ever bought anything from wabfab? Do you have a customer service complaint as well?
If not, than this is nothing more than using your MOD status to promote TRDparst4U is it not?
It doesn't take mod status to help someone find a similar product from a supporting vendor. You have all the power in the world yourself to link a wabfab love thread here. That would require some work though IMO.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
It doesn't take mod status to help someone find a similar product from a supporting vendor. You have all the power in the world yourself to link a wabfab love thread here. That would require some work though IMO.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Good idea, I will do just that, when my SAS"D, twin stick, 88 4runner on 36" swampers hits the ground running. Built by Wabbit. :rocker:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow..so a guy that has been around for years on this place gets banned for telling someone to go??
Said someone who never bought a thing from Wabfab, bought his clutch elsewhere and than googled the FJ forum and joined to make one post because a vender didn't want to deal with his OCD behavior?
There are tons of places to buy things. Some people obviously like Wabfab, some don't.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Wow..so a guy that has been around for years on this place gets banned for telling someone to go??
Said someone who never bought a thing from Wabfab, bought his clutch elsewhere and than googled the FJ forum and joined to make one post because a vender didn't want to deal with his OCD behavior?
There are tons of places to buy things. Some people obviously like Wabfab, some don't.
a. Being around here for years doesn't give anyone an excuse to be a jerk
b. wabbit confirmed the conversation with his post, so it is irrelevant that James had only made one post
c. James wasn't being OCD, he was doing good research to make sure he didn't drop a good bit of money on the wrong thing

I would wager that it wasn't James's post that got wabbit banned, but rather wabbit's response to James's post and to my critique of their e-mail discussion.

I'm pretty sure this thread has reached the end of its usefulness, and if the OP doesn't mind, my recommendation would be for a mod to lock it. Stuff has to be dealt with, obviously, but it doesn't do the community any good to keep beating a dead 'criticism' horse. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
8 Posts
b. wabbit confirmed the conversation with his post, so it is irrelevant that James had only made one post
c. James wasn't being OCD, he was doing good research to make sure he didn't drop a good bit of money on the wrong thing

I would wager that it wasn't James's post that got wabbit banned, but rather wabbit's response to James's post and to my critique of their e-mail discussion.

I'm pretty sure this thread has reached the end of its usefulness, and if the OP doesn't mind, my recommendation would be for a mod to lock it. Stuff has to be dealt with, obviously, but it doesn't do the community any good to keep beating a dead 'criticism' horse. :stickpoke:
You and I have differing opinions on Jame's 'research'. I can see why Wabfab would have been annoyed by him.
I would recommend against closing this thread:
A) it gives future disappointed 'customers' a place to vent
B) if it gets closed a duplicate thread will be created.
C) multiple threads on the same subject encourage a lack of people searching. They don't find the info they want in the first effort and than ask it again.......

·
Premium Member
638 Posts

So you have not bought anything from there either right?
You just jumped in to back up James and be the cyber etiquette police.
And now you have had your say, you want it closed? NICE.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
This is the response I got from Wab Fab after requesting info on an order I placed (and was immediately charged for) on the 5th of December:

Emails, texts, sheep bahs, reindeer grunts, cow moos and turkey
gobbles will be returned starting on Jan 10, 2012, Asking repeatedly
won't make it happen any faster.

This was my second request for info. I didn't get a response from the first request.

I got this yesterday, which made me feel a little better:

Just as soon as slider adapters and Wabbit Foot(s) are back from the machine shop for tumbling and final etching. Supposed to be Monday.

I don't understand their process. I wouldn't think that a welded piece of plate steel would require a machine shop, let alone tumbling and etching. I guess that explains the $106 plus shipping price tag.
If they didn't have the parts in stock, I kinda feel like they should have let me know before charging my account.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
This is the response I got from Wab Fab after requesting info on an order I placed (and was immediately charged for) on the 5th of December:

Emails, texts, sheep bahs, reindeer grunts, cow moos and turkey
gobbles will be returned starting on Jan 10, 2012, Asking repeatedly
won't make it happen any faster.
More useless kicking a hornet nest.

And if you look on the front page of the web site it clearly states.....

The shop will be closed for Christmas starting December 16, 2011 and not reopen until January 10, 2012. Website orders can still be placed for your convenience, but processing times will be delayed until we return from the holidays. If you have a question about product availabity and can it be delivered by Christmas, please ask first. All texts, emails, reindeer grunts and cow moos will be returned after the shop reopens in 2012. Thank you for your business and Merry Christmas!

Unfortunately the machine shop has the machine down that etches the logos on my fabricated products and Slider Adapters, Wabbit's Foots and thus Recovery Kits are not ready to ship yet. I will ship them as soon as I have them in hand but I'm afraid they won't make it by Christmas. My apologies for this inconvenience.

Looks like you left out some stuff. NICE

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
More useless kicking a hornet nest.

And if you look on the front page of the web site it clearly states.....

The shop will be closed for Christmas starting December 16, 2011 and not reopen until January 10, 2012. Website orders can still be placed for your convenience, but processing times will be delayed until we return from the holidays. If you have a question about product availabity and can it be delivered by Christmas, please ask first. All texts, emails, reindeer grunts and cow moos will be returned after the shop reopens in 2012. Thank you for your business and Merry Christmas!

Unfortunately the machine shop has the machine down that etches the logos on my fabricated products and Slider Adapters, Wabbit's Foots and thus Recovery Kits are not ready to ship yet. I will ship them as soon as I have them in hand but I'm afraid they won't make it by Christmas. My apologies for this inconvenience.

Looks like you left out some stuff. NICE
Those facts were not posted on your site when I placed my order. NICE. At least now I have someone to talk to about it. So "BirdMan" is "Wab-Fab"?
I'd rather not have the logo on there anyway, so that will save you some time on my order. I do expect them to be a product of quality, with the finish I payed for. If not, you'll be getting them back.
It's just business.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.