Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i finished this a few weeks ago and figured i'd share it. It's made from fiberglass and mdf. I have eclipse 6610 in the dash, 2 infinity kappa 10s, and a elemental design nine.2x pushing the 10s. Hope you enjoy.
P.S. the box in the middle houses a 12w7 ported, my friend gave it to me for free

box driver side

sub box close up

amp passenger side

amp close up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it appears to be wrapped in vinyl. try taking a heat gun and smoothing out the wrinkles. if they are stretch marks then you are kind of SOL.

looks good. the amplifier mounting looks clean.
its actually spray paint. the wrinkle on the left side happened a few days after i put it in. I'm gonna go back and fix it when i'm not too lazy lol

I like the box.

How does it sound when you crank it up?
thanks. it sounds pretty good. A lot more bass inside than outside the truck, people get in and don't expect it. so their reaction makes it all the better :bigthumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pretty cool and out of the way, I like it! Those large wheel wells are asking to be surrounded by subs.

Have you done much sounddeadening? Had troubles with rattles?

Are you running both 10's and the 12W7 as well? hehe if so that has to be interesting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the main goal of the bx was to get it out of the way of the cargo area. My dad put a 12 inch box and it took up way too much room. Every time we had to load cargo up, we had to take the box out. There's no sound deadening yet. We plan to dynamat the rear door. Theres no real rattling except for some songs at high volume. It sounds like the amps rattling but i have yet to find out.

Lol, no i'm only running the tens, the w7 is in there cause i have no where else to put it yet, i am tempted to hook it up to the amp though :rocker:

·
Registered
43 Posts
How are the amp and the box mounted/attached to the vehicle?
More than likely the same was as wicked-cas and fj cruiser audio stuff. On the back of the box there are two holes, for two brackets, you take off your current brack mounts in the back (big plastic black things) and bolt the sub box in place using the existing bolts. Amp rack is bolted the same way, and the amp itself if screwed into the rack. It's actually quite easy to make you're own, just get the deminsions, go to home depo and get a piece cut (or cut it yourself) wrap it in black vinyl (use spray adhesive) and voila. Then cut out holes for the bolt areas (so that it will bolt onto the existing area in the rear) and there ya go. I would NEVER build a sub box back there though, way to little air space esp for TWO, the Kappas may sound okay in there, but they could sound far better in a normal big box. Just like Wicked Cas's boxes, you're sacrificing space\look for performance. It does look like his custom box more than likely has more airspace than Wicked Cas's box though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts