Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this is probably a "no-brainer", but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I'm sure we all have a paint chip or two on the edges of our doors, or if you're like me, have a limited amount of space in the garage when opening the door trying to get out while the door pins itself against the wife's vehicle risking a possible scuff mark or even worse, a door ding.

A simple remedy for this would be to purchase some rubber hose used for the windshield washers from your neighborhood auto store — about 5' or so — and cut the hose into two equal halves. Taking a utility blade, slice a straight cut down each hose. Next, open the hose along the cut and fit over your door edge. Trim it as desired. If black doesn't suit your fancy, clear plastic aquarium tubing will work just as well.

I've already done this using some black plastic tubing I had laying around and it works great if your door edge has to hit something.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
hmmm ... they stay on the door? ... I may try it ... inexpensive solution ... I see you have Jeep ownership experience ... I had a CJ for 10 yrs and it was a money pit ...
:cheers:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm ... they stay on the door? ... I may try it ... inexpensive solution ... I see you have Jeep ownership experience ... I had a CJ for 10 yrs and it was a money pit ...
:cheers:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T
Yes, they do stay on the door. The black rubber washer hose works really well, forms to contours easily and will only come off when you want it to.

Yeah, I have some Jeep experience. Not very good ones at that, but that's what extended warantees are for.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I had some door edge protectors on my truck when I got it and liked them until the adhesive finally wore off and I had to remove them. I've found a pair of black (or clear) U-channel adhesive ones at Auto Zone for $3.99 recently and hope to put them on and test them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts