Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried putting a dimmer or potentiometer on the Kenwood (or any other after market head unit?)
I will be attempting it but I'm checking the forum first. :thinkerg:
TIA

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
BUMP
No really, how?
Brightness there are a few ways, but best to hit source twice and choose settings.

Screen set up (look for small arrows along top as there are more than one page of options at times) you can lock the brightness or set it your self, it auto dims via clock settings and location etc..

switch menu should be on second page and you can change name of switches etc..

try touching screen at any time along top or bottom middle there are shortcut "zones" to get to these menus as well.
in map view you can drag your finger along small bar at bottom left to zoom in and out of map....dvd playback you can forward chapters by touching left or right, controls are along top or bottom as well...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brightness there are a few ways, but best to hit source twice and choose settings.

Screen set up (look for small arrows along top as there are more than one page of options at times) you can lock the brightness or set it your self, it auto dims via clock settings and location etc..

switch menu should be on second page and you can change name of switches etc..

try touching screen at any time along top or bottom middle there are shortcut "zones" to get to these menus as well.
in map view you can drag your finger along small bar at bottom left to zoom in and out of map....dvd playback you can forward chapters by touching left or right, controls are along top or bottom as well...
Thanks Sav. I found the brightness slide switch. Still checking on how to set it to the clock to determine whether a dimmer is worth it.
Thanks again.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Thanks Sav. I found the brightness slide switch. Still checking on how to set it to the clock to determine whether a dimmer is worth it.
Thanks again.
locks on its own. you can lock at a setting too. dont forget to go to the bottom choice and save your settings.
in clock menu set daylight savings or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts