Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my 07 from my Father and took it to a wash as soon as I got it and first thing it did was knocked the front left hood vent out. The one by the wiper blades and it won't lock back in now. it just flops in there. I need to find a replacement or some kind of replacement seal. I think it may be missing the seat that the vent locks into.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Re: Do FJ’s get along with touchless car washes

Driving school and / or new glasses may also help 😛
Wow insult...let me sit and recover:flame:
I would explain further to you but My kids took all their crayons

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the past year I'm in a brush type carwash at least four times a week in a 2008 FJ. Only issue ever was the dryers would blow off my spare cover. Solved that with a few rubber tie down straps on the inside. Otherwise it looks much better with the constant wash and wax application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving school and / or new glasses may also help

Hi,
That's exactly about me :) Even the driving school didn't help because of my poor eyesight. I don't recall the exact situation, because there were many of those, when I simply didn't see anything and it was just a blur, I then bought the contact lenses and later the glasses, because at my age it's already a two-sided problem: myopia and farsightedness.

Never had any issues, but devil dared me to go with the touchless car wash. So now, I wash my FJ at home. Also saw a topic on toyota-4runner where the guy complained that the automatic car wash caught on the roof rack and actually did several thousand dollars damage.
Edit: found the topic, if you're interested: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/249203-washing-truck-w-roof-rack-automatic-car-washes.html

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts

Hi,
That's exactly about me :) Even the driving school didn't help because of my poor eyesight. I don't recall the exact situation, because there were many of those, when I simply didn't see anything and it was just a blur, I then bought the contact lenses and later the glasses, because at my age it's already a two-sided problem: myopia and farsightedness.

Never had any issues, but devil dared me to go with the touchless car wash. So now, I wash my FJ at home. Also saw a topic on toyota-4runner where the guy complained that the automatic car wash caught on the roof rack and actually did several thousand dollars damage.
Edit: found the topic, if you're interested: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/249203-washing-truck-w-roof-rack-automatic-car-washes.html
With poor eyesight, it really shouldn't matter what it looks like, clean or dirty. :lol: I have found that automatic car washes, if using the spotless wax, just produces a film on my black FJ and dark blue 4Runner, that just won't come off without actually scrubbing it off by hand with a quality car wash soap. These are the worst two vehicles that I've ever owned for getting clean as there are just way too many nooks and crannies that cannot be washed at any car wash, manual or automatic. It takes me a good 45 minutes just to get a good wash by hand, maybe an hour and 15 if I've been out wheeling.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
My Hell***** has too much on the rack to go through any car wash - traction mats, rear lights, antennas, front light bar, solar panel, fishing rod mount, shovel mount, hi-lift mount, awning....

It's fine with me if I have paint scratches and scuffs - I spend too much time in the woods to fuss over that, and the resale on mine with 328k miles is...well...not something I worry about!

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts

My Hell***** has too much on the rack to go through any car wash - traction mats, rear lights, antennas, front light bar, solar panel, fishing rod mount, shovel mount, hi-lift mount, awning....

It's fine with me if I have paint scratches and scuffs - I spend too much time in the woods to fuss over that, and the resale on mine with 328k miles is...well...not something I worry about!
Yeah, washing would be a waste of money for you. :grin

·
Registered
409 Posts

Well CC, I have noticed that when I wash her, she tends to develop some kinda ailment - like a screw in a tire or an AC leak or a squeak. I think she is just a dirty old lady and proud of it...LOL

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts

Do you own an FJ? Your last post 3 days ago says that you were looking for one so you can trade in your Ford Fusion.
Doesn't have to have an FJ when commenting re undercarriage wash and antenna's.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,200 Posts

Doesn't have to have an FJ when commenting re undercarriage wash and antenna's.
Yeah he does. The title and TOPIC of the thread is FJ's in car washes. Can we keep any thread on TOPIC?

This ain't FB mikey and the thread hijacking and crapping is going to stop. I remember a time on here not too long ago when members corrected each other and put threads back on track.

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts

The best FJ Cruiser automatic carwash, hands down!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My only issue was when the guys vacuumed out the inside they pulled up the mats not knowing they were connected and broke the plastic tabs that lock them in place.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts

Getting in the thread late. When I was doing drive thru car washes, OEM roof rack, never got the roof clean. Now they won't let me drive through because of swingout rear bumper and shovel/axe mount on rack.

Now my grandson washes it for me and a lot better job too :grin

CB antenna on a quick disconnect for a lot of reasons.

IMG_0827.jpg

21 - 40 of 42 Posts