Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well if you lift high, you'll need aftermarket UCAs so you'll have to pick what you want. I've got Deltas and I like them because they're somewhat sealed.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
At 2 inches, you probably dont. If you can lift and they can still get into the alignment specs you are all good. Im running 2.5 to 3 " lift on my FJ on OEM upper control arms

Also if you do need to replace UCAs there are many different brands and price points. You dont necessarily have to use Delta Joints of Uniball (all of which have their tradeoffs). I would proceed without them and then determine if you need them due to not being able to get into OEM alignment specs. Look at the JBA and SPC/Light Racing UCAs as alternatives and do your research.

·
Registered
322 Posts
SilvFX has provided sound advice. With 2 inches of lift, your OEM control arms will be fine unless you plan on heavy off-roading. Having said that, you did not mention how you plan to lift your vehicle. If you install larger 2.5 inch diameter shocks with larger diameter springs, you will have clearance issues with the stock OEM control arms.

I'm running JBA's at +3 over stock. If you decide to upgrade check them out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fyi I lifted 2" and did not replace the uca's, BUT it would float and dart on less than perfect roads. After 7 months of fighting it I just put on Total Chaos uca's last week. It drives night and day better. I recommend getting aftermarket uca's.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
My experience matched Elkaholic's, switched out stock UCA for Icon uniballs. After replacing the Uniballs twice after 20K due to wear leading to noise and requiring weekly lubrication to stop the creeking I switched to Delta Joints. Over two years and 30K miles they are way better than uniballs, just lube them with everything else, no issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You guys have me leaning towards delta joints when my uniballs wear out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts