Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys like the radlfo 2.5 extended length? im from australia and no one runs them here. how do they compare to the icons? i spoke with one of the tech guys from metaltech and they tried talking me out of radflos and saying icons run smoother on road which im not sure how correct that statement may be. the radflos are much cheaper when comparing radflo 2.5 extended length with resi's and compression adjusters vs the same configuration with icon. thanks in advance!

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Would all depend on how the valving is set up on each and what spring rate is installed.

When you spend that much on suspension parts it would be good to call/email them and tell them what you want and expect.

·
Registered
907 Posts
how do you guys like the radlfo 2.5 extended length? im from australia and no one runs them here. how do they compare to the icons? i spoke with one of the tech guys from metaltech and they tried talking me out of radflos and saying icons run smoother on road which im not sure how correct that statement may be. the radflos are much cheaper when comparing radflo 2.5 extended length with resi's and compression adjusters vs the same configuration with icon. thanks in advance!

Mark
Mark,
I had this exact situation 2 years ago. I went with Radflo (front and rear) because of the price point and good reputation. I rode them for 1 month before returning them to Metal Tech. They were harsh and noisy on road compared to my previous ICON setup. I went back to ICONs (front and rear) and have been extremely happy for the last 2 years.

I am not knocking Radflo. I worked with Glenn (@ Radflo) during that month to trouble shoot and express my concerns. He listen and tried to help all he could but at the end Radlfo's just were not for me and he understood that. I hope someday I can give them business again if I decide that their product is right for my application.

Metal Tech was also wonderful with the return policy :)

John

·
Premium Member
12,204 Posts
IMO when going with a non OEM/performance style suspension at some point they will need to be rebuilt....this can be a sore point. Find what is local with good support to you (OME BP-51's?)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mikey I would have went with the bp-51s but they are a short length shock. I should've mentioned that I'm after long travel. The only local company that offers Lt is dobinson which I've heard mixed reviews of, considering how cheap they are I might give them a try, since I get them sooner & cheaper compared to the other big names. Plus in on the verge of buying a property so would like to save some funds for that

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have run both extended travel Icons and Radflos. The Icons are crap. You will spend more time dealing with leaky shocks a piss poor service if you go with them. They may be a little softer than Radflos but you really won’t notice enough to make a difference.

I gave up on Icon after 6 rebuilds in 4 years and due to leaky seals. The last straw was when I observed visible wear on a shock shaft. They are living on the name they earned years ago, their quality went when they changed ownership.

You won’t regret going with Radflo you will regret going with Icon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts