Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Do You Have Bulged / Ripped inner fender wells ???

• YES, I have symptoms (bulges, rips, cracking)

Votes: 368 19.0%
  • NO, My FJC is symptom free - no inner fender problems

Votes: 1,357 69.9%
  • Sorry - Don't know what to look for...

Votes: 216 11.1%

• Total voters
821 - 840 of 855 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
Noticed for the first time today that I have minor cracks in my 2008 TT. It is a shame since my last 2007 didn't have them, but there aren't any inherent dangers of having them are there?

·
Premium Member
7,459 Posts
Noticed for the first time today that I have minor cracks in my 2008 TT. It is a shame since my last 2007 didn't have them, but there aren't any inherent dangers of having them are there?
Not really any "dangers". Some people have them really badly but from the outside visibly no problems. Other people have them and their doors don't line up with the fender or you can notice it from the outside. That's the only thing that I worry about.

I have an early '07 and notice small cracks getting slightly bigger on the passenger side.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
I had them and never noticed them getting bigger but as was mentioned keep an eye out because a few have had problems where they ripped enough to cause the fender to droop and contact the door. I also had cracks in my fender well where my dual battery sat and I did notice some growth in them. The were cracking in between the drilled holes in the fender well from the factory and some stopped at the hole, some started up on the other side of the hole, and some stopped at the holes that had a nut welded to them. At the time that worried me more than the original rips on the sides as I could just picture my second battery falling through the fender well and tearing out the wiring and whatnot with it and also causing other damage when it hit the tire and/or suspension.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a tear in each side of my engine bay on my 07 FJ cruiser. Do I need to try and fix this or is this just a cosmetic issue? No other problems (doors open just find and everything else works).

821 - 840 of 855 Posts