Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up Exp One front, rear, and sliders and all three boxes squatted my F350. Sure hope most weight is in packaging. How about a meet, greet, and assist party at my house?

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't think I'd actually get respondents to the assist portion of previous post, but another member suggested I update profile to include location, for those that would be interested in assisting. I will tonight for future reference. Until then, I'm in Tulsa (Bixby), Ok. Be stripping off a lot of OEM parts if anyone is interested in a for trade scenario.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
You might consider posting in the Regional Forums. The South Central Region covers your area so you will be posting to more people in your immediate area.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea, as well. Originally posted, more so, because I know y'all are the only ones that appreciate the excitement of boxes showing up after a month of waiting. The assistance was more of a joke. Haven't met many local forum members, although every third car seems to be an FJ in Tulsa.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're going wheeling Saturday by Moore/Norman if you can make it.

Love, too, but consummate soccer dad, at this point. Have been following talks thread on. Will in future.

Sidenote: tornado sirens going off now in T Town. I hope the FJ is good in hail, cause I got nothing to get under.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your gas mileage is toast Chris! I see 2-3 more MPG's down the tubes!
I'm hoping that I'm actually only adding 180 lbs, over all. The packing has to account for some of the weight. Already had rails, just replacing, so only weight addition is front and rear bumper.

My daily driver is F350. I have to go to two different stations to fill up, due to the $100 per transaction limit on credit card fuel purchases. Cost $146 to fill up today. That's where it hurts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd love to help, and would if I could, but I won't be back in town for a few weeks yet. :( Good luck with the install though, and the new look will definitely be worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd love to help, and would if I could, but I won't be back in town for a few weeks yet. :( Good luck with the install though, and the new look will definitely be worth the wait!
Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated. Going to start with rear. Trying to determine if I should preliminarily buy the back up sensor components, that are prone to break, in advance of install. Hoping quad jack will suffice for lifting. Mine will barely get the wheels of quad off ground, so have to measure first. I had originally thought of having Sam's install for lack of time and suitable work area, but another forum members post inspired me to "DIY". Time is a commodity in my world.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got boxes 2 and 3 installed, with issues, this weekend. Rock rails weren't too big of a challenge. Well buillt, for sure. The only issue really was the stainless steel tread plate must be a stamped piece, and a slight camber caused issues with bolts on the smaller leg.

Chose rear bumper first, thinking it'd be easier install with my two helpers ( 10and 5 year old ) but had issues. I followed a combination of posts here, directions, and common sense, and still wacked on the plastic for two hours. (Note the Forum Tech Thread on lap top)

Net result.

I spent hours trying to line up to the plastics, and this was as good as I could get it. Any suggestions? I can't tell another way to adjust bumper.

Ordered the Hella Optilux lights from Exp One and have no idea when to have Halo on. Should the entire light come on with reverse lights? Halo's with what? Too many options. Wish for different, but have same for front and rear. Your suggestions, please. Front bumper to go. Tired.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, ordered the bumper for factory trailer hitch, which I thought was installed. Was viewing the Exp One Tech Post for Rear Bumper install here, and notice a small, rear frame mounted hitch. I had to remove hitch for bumper to mount. Would've prefered to habe no cut out for hitch, won't tow with FJ anyway. Is this a OEM hitch, or is the smaller?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts