Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar thread but asked the question in a idiot way so i'm gonna try this again....

Does a 18 x 9 rim with +12 offset and 5.5 backspacing mean I am going to need spacers? Most aftermarket wheels offer either a 0 degree or -12 offset so I am worried that a +12 will mean spacers are a must. Is that a good assumption?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I would agree that an 18x9 +12 offset will require spacers.

If you add a "1.25 wheel spacer, that will give you "4.25 back spacing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You'll probably need spacer for sure. I have 17x8.5 with -6 ET and I'm pretty sure even stock tires would rub on that without doing a body mount chop too. Depending on your tire size too... im on 285/65/17 and it clears the coils by a good couple inches and I think its 4.125 backspace... but I had to chop the body mounts not for having 33s but because the wheel stuck out so much that the turn of the wheels went from a pivot to a semi orbit and swings and now after the chop is barely a quarter inch from rubbing >.< so consider a mount chop too if you're getting decently sized tires with those wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts