Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see pics below but this part (driver side where windshield and fender meet) has this external body piece coming loose on my 2011 FJ. I searched some schematics online to identify it but can't seem to define.

Does anyone know what it's called and more importantly how to fix this issue?? I got the car about 6mo ago, wondering if anyone else had this issue.

I think it's a matter of replacing the black clasps/fasteners that are attached to the fender.

Any help would appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
G'day,
Its called
Panel Front Fender Side - Upper LH ..part # 61102-35141
The 2 clips inboard (engine side ) are
Front #61991-35010
rear # 61992-35010
and the two outside clips (fender side ) are #61118-35050 ( sold as a pkg of 2 ..i think )
The rubber seal that sits on the outer edge, between the upper panel and lower panel is #75537-35010

The clips and seals are the same both sides, but the panel for the RH side has a different part number.

from memory, they come prepainted black under coat only, so you have then colour code n paint them if you loose the panel...

cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what its called. Maybe a side cowl cover? It has to be removed to replace the windshield and sometimes the clips break and usually the people replacing the windshield don't fix it right. I know you can get the clips separately. It might just be a matter of reinstalling it with new clips.

·
Registered
303 Posts
G'day,
Its called
Panel Front Fender Side - Upper LH ..part # 61102-35141
The 2 clips inboard (engine side ) are
Front #61991-35010
rear # 61992-35010
and the two outside clips (fender side ) are #61118-35050 ( sold as a pkg of 2 ..i think )
The rubber seal that sits on the outer edge, between the upper panel and lower panel is #75537-35010

The clips and seals are the same both sides, but the panel for the RH side has a different part number.

from memory, they come prepainted black under coat only, so you have then colour code n paint them if you loose the panel...

cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
Baz nailed it as usual.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Does anyone know what it's called and more importantly how to fix this issue?? I got the car about 6mo ago, wondering if anyone else had this issue.
The clips being broken on this part is usually a clear sign that the windshield has been replaced, and the tech who removed this panel to pull the windshield did not install new clips. It is a fairly common problem after having your windshield replaced.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The clips being broken on this part is usually a clear sign that the windshield has been replaced, and the tech who removed this panel to pull the windshield did not install new clips. It is a fairly common problem after having your windshield replaced.
Yep, mine was loose when I bought my truck last year. Had several broken clips. Ordered new clips off Ebay. No more issues.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the help! I was able to fix it after making my way to the stealership. $6 for a piece of plastic the size of a nickel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is great info. Thanks forum...

If this post is messed up its because the phone app sucks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad i found this search topic posted. Apparently my new to me FJ has had the Windshield replaced in the past, cause both sides of these cowls have a bit of a Gap. So I just ordered some clips and much thanks @ bazross for the part #'s. Also found this youtube clip to assist with the project, in the event others run into this issue. Sadly my windshield experienced a crack on the drive down from initial purchase drive back home......but will be putting it off for some farkel as it's not to bad yet as I'm fining out front windshields cost a pretty penny.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts