Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
What about the wiring access grommet between the engine firewall and the driver side wall?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I never worked this out!!!!

I'm wondering if I put something gin the trunk, and it fell of that thing, not off my FJ?!!

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Voodoo Blue, 6 Speed Manual w/Full Time 4WD, Fully Loaded, ORIGINAL OWNER
4 Posts
I believe that is a rubber bumper from the rear tailgate. Look along the doorjam area on the tailgate itself. It also kind of looks like a rubber inner body anchor used to secure mudflaps. The toyota dealer parts dept guys are usually very helpful, they can sometimes tell you what stuff like that is off the top of their head.

View attachment 1164661
View attachment 1164662
View attachment 1164663
Found near my trunk but have no idea if it’s from my FJ and where it goes?!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I believe that is a rubber bumper from the rear tailgate. Look along the doorjam area on the tailgate itself. It also kind of looks like a rubber inner body anchor used to secure mudflaps. The toyota dealer parts dept guys are usually very helpful, they can sometimes tell you what stuff like that is off the top of their head.
thanks @sjalabs..I’ll check!!!

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
??? wait, I thought you'd ruled out a back door bumper like 20 posts ago, just now you are going to check?

Or was that said in jest, because sjalabs clearly hasn't read the thread?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
??? wait, I thought you'd ruled out a back door bumper like 20 posts ago, just now you are going to check?

Or was that said in jest, because sjalabs clearly hasn't read the thread?
I was responding to the comment about the "inner body anchor used to secure mudflaps"..I was going to have a good look around the bottom of the bumper and the wheel wells!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No, looked around the wheel well and all around the rear door and bumper. Can’t see anywhere where this could fit!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
39,254 Posts
Just drill a hole somewhere and install it. Problem solved. Lol!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts