Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Tires look like 20" Nitto Terra Grapplers.......don't know about the wheels (other than they're 20's)...Moto's maybe?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not sure... but it looks like it would be a good setup to pickup the kids... j/k... doesn't seem very offroad friendly... like I can talk with the stock tires/steelies... but, i have a little bit of sidewall to deal with at least.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure... but it looks like it would be a good setup to pickup the kids... j/k... doesn't seem very offroad friendly... like I can talk with the stock tires/steelies... but, i have a little bit of sidewall to deal with at least.
i dont like the tires either.. i like the wheels but wanted to know if they went with that tire size due to it rubbing.. of course that being if they were 17's..

·
Registered
365 Posts
gotcha... the tire/wheel combo threads here are nearly impossible to figure out... if it's not the subtle differences in tires/wheels/manufacturing, it's something else...

Some people consider "rubbing" only when the FJ is unloaded and in their driveway, whereas others consider rubbing when at full articulation.

Good luck figuring it all out. I haven't done the tire/wheel change from stock yet due to $$, but I can assure you, I'm going to get the skinny from another forum member with the EXACT setup I plan on using so that I can get every bit of information I can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gotcha... the tire/wheel combo threads here are nearly impossible to figure out... if it's not the subtle differences in tires/wheels/manufacturing, it's something else...

Some people consider "rubbing" only when the FJ is unloaded and in their driveway, whereas others consider rubbing when at full articulation.

Good luck figuring it all out. I haven't done the tire/wheel change from stock yet due to $$, but I can assure you, I'm going to get the skinny from another forum member with the EXACT setup I plan on using so that I can get every bit of information I can.
thats what i am doing, with the fitment issues i have read about regarding wheels/tires and the fj.. i am trying to do as much homework as possible before purchasing..

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
That wheel is made by HELO, it's called the MAXX 7 black. They also have a MAXX 8 that's pretty sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.