Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've never heard of one. I'm sure you could get a custom shop to do it for ya though, or there might be different DIY kits for generics. But I haven't specifically seen one for the FJ. The carpetless interior is part of the selling point.

Out of curiosity, why do you want carpet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can still wash it out, just take the carpet out to do it like a jeep. I'm not using my FJ as a hardcore wheeling rig. Its my wifes dd and carpet improves the cabin acoustics and would soften up the interior experience a bit.

Also not having carpet reminds me of the fleet vehicles and catering vans i would drive for various jobs in college.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've never seen full carpet but it may be out there......I went for removable.....CARiD.com has Lloyd custom carpets mats for the FJ. each piece individualized for it's own spot in the FJ....mine fit really nice. 4 passenger mats plus cargo ran about 225. Beat the hell out of the OEM quality.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I've never seen full carpet but it may be out there......I went for removable.....CARiD.com has Lloyd custom carpets mats for the FJ. each piece individualized for it's own spot in the FJ....mine fit really nice. 4 passenger mats plus cargo ran about 225. Beat the hell out of the OEM quality.
Lloyd mats are REALLLY nice.

I have some of the hexagonal rubber ones for my Land Cruiser.

As far as i know, there are no custom fit carpet sets for the FJ Cruiser. My guess, probably because there is not a market for it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lloyd mats are REALLLY nice.

I have some of the hexagonal rubber ones for my Land Cruiser.

As far as i know, there are no custom fit carpet sets for the FJ Cruiser. My guess, probably because there is not a market for it.
Yep, the Lloyds are nice....we went for the plushies.....nice to take your shoes off and feel soft carpet. They easily pop out for shaking and cleaning. My only suggestions to the people at Lloyds for the future would be to make the rear passenger mats with snaps (I fixed that anways with industrial velcro) and they should've had cutouts in the cargo mat for the tie-downs. But don't get me wrong...I am not unhappy at all...we love the carpet mats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the OE floor mats with the FJ logo and those are nice, but a full carpet kit to cover the trans tunnel and the under-seat area would have a big effect on keeping road noise out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts