Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at used FJs in Southern California and came across an interesting black cherry model at a Honda dealership. The dealership is about two hours from me, so I haven't seen this FJ in person yet--but judging from the pictures, it's got quite a few aftermarket upgrades--Pro Comp wheels, BFJ tires, Pioneer stereo, maybe a lift?

As it's a Honda dealership, the people I've spoken to on the phone know pretty much nothing about the vehicle or FJs in general.

I can see, though, what looks like an fjcruiserforums.com sticker on the back--so I thought perhaps I could find some more info about the vehicle's history and mods here. Anyone recognize it?

·
Registered
624 Posts
That's the shift knob that comes with the short shift kit, so it probably has it installed unless they just bought the knob.

Plus is a 6-speed BC, it doesn't get any better then that :bigthumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. Seems like most people are very happy with the short shifter kit, so that's a plus...

Does it look to you/anyone like this FJ has a lift? I'm trying to get the tire and rim size confirmed by the dealership, which should give me a clue.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
it looks level and i see something shiny in the wheel well, so i will guess it is lifted. it seems to have 285/70-17 BFGs

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If it has a FJ Cruiser Forum sticker, it has most likely been abused. STAY AWAY!

:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. This is the first FJ I've seen on a dealer lot with this many modifications.

Just got an email from the dealer, though, and...it sold!

I agree with the statements above--I think I'd rather start with a clean slate on a newer, never-abused FJ...but someone put a lot of money into this, and it was tempting at just under $20k...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You're better off with a fresh non-abused one, and having it modded to your preference!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I think I noticed it was even chopped.....looks like someone that knew what they were doing. I must need coffee.....even the shiny wheels looked good.

Too bad it sold....Under 20K sounds like a deal to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to jump on that deal, FJBoozer...the City of Industry was just too far away for me to drive down there on a lark. I've seen THREE great deals on FJs slip away over the past week. But that's ok--I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet. Need to get rid of my Discovery first, and, to be honest, I've been partially relieved that it hasn't sold yet...

Looks to me like you picked up a great rig, though you'll miss the fun (and expense) of adding all those mods yourself.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.