Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering changing my bilstein b6 setup to fox 2.0 as their linear valving is supposed to be more comfortable on road. I've been told most coilover front shocks are digressive is this true? Or are fox coilovers linear?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mark J,

Please post your findings as I am also interested in this issue. I've spent a bucket of money on several different suspension systems, both progressive and digressive and still haven't found the sweet spot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried Ironman and bilstein, just like you these lift kits aren't cheap, I tried calling fox but I couldn't get through for some reason, it's a bit difficult because I'm in Australia. I have to make a call in the next few days as I have a buyer for my bilstein lift. I've driven a lifted fj that had fox 2.0 and it drove nice.

I'm just curious because there's a chance bilstein can change up the valving which will be a cheaper alternative.

No one knows if the front fox coilovers are digressive or linear?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,133 Posts
I've tried Ironman and bilstein, just like you these lift kits aren't cheap, I tried calling fox but I couldn't get through for some reason, it's a bit difficult because I'm in Australia. I have to make a call in the next few days as I have a buyer for my bilstein lift. I've driven a lifted fj that had fox 2.0 and it drove nice.

I'm just curious because there's a chance bilstein can change up the valving which will be a cheaper alternative.

No one knows if the front fox coilovers are digressive or linear?
@bazross .....also Australian 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea, I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask, last time I called fox Australia the number got redirected to Caloffroad. They should know the answer though. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
IMO I would rethink going with a 2.0 body it works but the 2.5 is a better match for the FJ. There is a noticeable difference between the 2 when driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts