Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up an M1 bumper brand new really cheap off a local guy who sold his FJ and a buddy of mine said they fit like the old allpro bumpers and under heavy winching can bend the attachment point of the bumper. I was able to find one issue of this from years ago on the allpro but nothing on the Smittybilt. I called smitty and they had no clue what I was talking about. Is this an actual issue on the M1 bumper? can I just buy brackets off someone if it is? I saw smittybilt did a revision from the original bumper maybe this was fixed? Just trying to find more info before installing as the search key doesn't show much. Thanks guys!

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,661 Posts
I don’t know why they would act like there wasn’t a problem since they made revisions to it that added braces that extended past the crush points on the frame. I don’t know of anyone who actually had an issue with this occurring and I’ve myself had mine pushed to the limits with a 10K winch doubled and maxed out and it still didn’t bend the frame even when pulled at a 45 degree angle to the side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts