Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the TRD down load hold the map/download when the battery is disconnected? I know on my motorcycles the power commander keeps the map just curious if the toyota ECU holds the download when the battery is disconnected or goes back to stock programing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Does the TRD down load hold the map/download when the battery is disconnected?
I don't understand what you are asking.

What is the "TRD"?

and what download are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
He's talking about the reflash of the ECU for the super scharger

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mikey sorry about my thoughts not making the thread Yes the reflash for the SC. Its going to be a long 36 hours waiting for these to be installed:(
________
Web shows

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
O

No the ECU reflash does not reset itself when you disconnect the battery. Also, there is nothing downloaded onto the ECU as far as i know, just a re-flash.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I ask what a "RE-FLASH is? I assumed it changed the Air fuel ratios at different RPM's maybe in each 250 cells of RPM. My background is power commanders on motorcycles so I apologize for not understanding what a RE-FLASH does. Thank you

This is a picture of a map on my motorcycle you will notice + & - numbers in separate cells at 250 RPM ranges. My question was answered thank you but I felt my original description of my question was misinterpreted
Thank you

________
Glass pipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts