Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many before me i'm shopping for a new horn to replace the pitiful ome horn. There are MANY threads about horns and i've been reading through them all day.

My question for you is What horn are you using? I'm looking for the smallest, cheapest (notice I didn't say small, and I didn't say it had to be cheap) horn that when I hit it the dude in front of me pees his pants. Think Fire Truck clearing traffic. Not a train horn although those are cool. I want it to sound Fierce and Commanding. If I can find a horn that meets that criteria, and I get a deal on it, and it's easy to install i'll know i've found the right one. Any links as to where to buy is appreciated as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I'll look it up. Does it sound tough?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Like many before me i'm shopping for a new horn to replace the pitiful ome horn. There are MANY threads about horns and i've been reading through them all day.

My question for you is What horn are you using? I'm looking for the smallest, cheapest (notice I didn't say small, and I didn't say it had to be cheap) horn that when I hit it the dude in front of me pees his pants. Think Fire Truck clearing traffic. Not a train horn although those are cool. I want it to sound Fierce and Commanding. If I can find a horn that meets that criteria, and I get a deal on it, and it's easy to install i'll know i've found the right one. Any links as to where to buy is appreciated as well.

Thanks

I want an easy to install horn (reasonably priced) for my 2011 FJ that will make a-holes leave a brown stain in their undergarments. Please post suggestions.

I plan to convert my 2011 FJ into an urban assault vehicle as I watch society crumble. Next mod is a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a turret.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want an easy to install horn (reasonably priced) for my 2011 FJ that will make a-holes leave a brown stain in their undergarments. Please post suggestions.

I plan to convert my 2011 FJ into an urban assualt vehicle as I watch society crumble. Next mod is .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a turret.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

-FJ Florida-
Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle huh?:rocker:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had a "compact italian truck horn" but it failed after just one new england winter. So that was a 70.00 waste of time. Try a Caddy horn they were always great and can be had at almost any Delco selling parts store. Oh and they are likely to last longer than the pos i installed.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep--been looking for a louder horn for awhile. Thought about going the train horn route but would have to mount an air tank. There are some good suggestions here.

I would assume the suggestions are (near) drop in replacements? No real rewiring involved?

·
Registered
619 Posts
SoCuban, Did you need to install an additional relay to use the Stebel nautilus' horns? Or were you able to simply cut the old horn out and run the wires to the Stebel?

·
Registered
236 Posts
SoCuban, Did you need to install an additional relay to use the Stebel nautilus' horns? Or were you able to simply cut the old horn out and run the wires to the Stebel?
The Stebels come with relays. Pretty much like setting up lights. I did a dedicated fuse block for them and future add ons. The dual relays are on the top right of the pic below;

Blue Sea+fuse+relays by socuban, on Flickr

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I put one of these on to supplement the stock horn.
2 Piece 12 Volt Electric Horn Set
Didn't like the chrome, so i painted it black.
Much improved over stock sound.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
947 Posts
yuryz link reminds me of the PIAA horns that are popular on here.

texas TT or socuban: could either of you tell me what the fuse rating is on those horns (they look similar).

·
Registered
458 Posts
yuryz link reminds me of the PIAA horns that are popular on here.

texas TT or socuban: could either of you tell me what the fuse rating is on those horns (they look similar).
I can put on my toy......horn what wake up dead ... but I also would like to its looks good ... after all why to waist money if doesn't looks good and give performance what you want .......

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts