Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't get this thing to work to my satisfaction. Here are my objections. Maybe some of these have been fixed and I have old firmware, or maybe a fix is just about to arrive.

1) The same 'o problem with the FJammer not finding the unit. It doesn't matter if I'm in CD1 or whatever, it will lose the unit. Although it seems to be better (imagination?) if you leave it on CD1.

2) Sometimes it turns my FJammer off! Not while I'm actually driving. But I'll start up, and there'll be Fjammer. This one is really annoying because the ipod is never - ever - found after turning the fjammer back on. And of course, I don't notice it's off right away, so I end up having to pull off on the side of the road to restart the vehicle. Nothing quite like pulling over to the shoulder on an interstate so you can reboot your truck.

3) In the standard CD1 mode, you can't see the album name - just the artist and song. You have to switch to album mode to see the album name.

4) And when I get to album mode, I can't use the next/previous keys to change the album! Nor can I get the name of the arist, just song and album.

5) BUT.. album mode does skip to next/prev album if you happen to be listening to a play list. Start up at the top of your Pink Floyd collection? Fergit it.

6) No CD player support. I knew this would be a bit of a problem, but I figured I could unplug the ipod and get CD support back. Nope. This is unnerving too. I have to pick iPod or playing a new CD in the car?

7) To add salt to the wound, when you don't have an ipod plugged and start your vehicle, you get this annoying like click click sound... like a record skipping at the end (whiile you ipod input, okay on radio).

The thing just does not operate in a consistent and reliable way. If you only play from a play list, and you don't mind occasionally rebooting your truck, and you don't care about ever playing a CD, it's fine. If you want any of those 'advanced' features, you're hosed.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You aren't being ignored by everyone. I just think that no one has an answer to your question. So, I thought I'd bump it back up and maybe some new blood whod does have an answer will see it and give you some help.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I read this fine post then found myself 3 windows deep do to the links in your sig line. now I forgot what i was gonna say, so I guess ill agree and say trash the jammer buy a real unit.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Having some of the same connectivity issues with the DICE unit - specifically having it turn the radio off right after I start the truck. Outside of that, none of the other stuff is really an issue for me as all I want to listen to is the iPod.

BTW: Have a brand new unit / new firmware.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, correction. I was able to get the head CD player to work with the iPod. I have to assume that my previous attempts were user error, but there may be some way to get it confused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts