Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like there aren't any dog boarding or sitting options directly in Ouray or Telluride. I'm going out to the area early to hike some non-dog friendly 14ers and was wondering if anyone has personal experience with some of the boarding places in Montrose or surrounding areas?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That really surprises me. I'd call the Ouray COC to double check. There may be some small kennel or just a dog siting service that does not advertise.

2008 FJ Cruiser expedition ready and off-road trailer with RTT.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Yea there's gotta be someone... If the temps were below 70. I'd leave my mutt in the truck a few hours with his freedom window, but I suspect you'll be gone longer than that. My dog would much rather be in the truck than sitting at home, or somewhere strange ;)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is well over 25 pounds so the first one won't do. Second one appears to be day time only. This will be a two - three day backpacking and 14er hiking trip so need something that does over night. I found some places in Montrose and don't mind driving there afterwards, but wanted to see if anyone had personal info.

At least the gas is cheaper in Montrose :)

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
If you can get in, I highly recommend Perennial Boarding (S. Montrose).

They are great people, and FJC owners too. :bigthumb:
I met them at the FJ Summit years back, and they also participated in the Volunteer Trailwork Event at Summit at least once (link).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can get in, I highly recommend Perennial Boarding (S. Montrose).

They are great people, and FJC owners too. :bigthumb:
I met them at the FJ Summit years back, and they also participated in the Volunteer Trailwork Event at Summit at least once (link).
If my dog dies there, I will place the blame solely on you :grin

I'm booked for Saturday - Tuesday. If someone hears that I fell of El Diente please get my dog and treat her well! :wink

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
If my dog dies there, I will place the blame solely on you :grin

I'm booked for Saturday - Tuesday. If someone hears that I fell of El Diente please get my dog and treat her well! :wink
:lol:

Well, I hope she doesn't die at Perennial and you don't die on El Diente. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I take care of her for you as long as she isn't a little yappie dog! :surprise That is if you fall off El Diente!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I take care of her for you as long as she isn't a little yappie dog! :surprise That is if you fall off El Diente!
No, she's a very sweet and usually quiet 6 year old yellow lab.

I'm not doing the traverse, so it might be more likely that I fall of Mt Wilson instead of El Diente. I'm not actually concerned I'm going to fall off :eek:

See you guys in less than a month!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ouray now has dog boarding at Ouray Dog Company, 1900 Main St. Ouray, CO.
970-325-2188
Half days, Full Days, Overnights, and Extended stays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts