Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Administrator: Would you please rename this thread?

OLD NAME:
Dog/pet-friendly Places to Eat in Ouray

NEW NAME:
Dog/pet-friendly Places in Ouray

I started this thread to get more specific about an aspect that has came up in a couple threads back in 2010 (1 & 2).

PLACES TO EAT:
Bulow's Bistro at the Beaumont Hotel
Ourayle House
Billy Goat Gruff's Bier Garten
Maggie's Kitchen
Timberline Deli
Cafe Ouray

Suggestions:
Buen Tiempo (Mexican)
O'Brien's Pub
the Gold Belt (pizza, etc)

PLACES TO SLEEP:
The Victorian Inn (link to discussion)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Dog/pet-friendly Places to Eat in Ouray

Also Das Taco, it is all outdoor seating and pet friendly. It is the cheapest, quickest, and tastiest food in town in my opinion! They also have amazing (and strong) margarita's and a nice variety of beers available.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Also Das Taco, it is all outdoor seating and pet friendly. It is the cheapest, quickest, and tastiest food in town in my opinion! They also have amazing (and strong) margarita's and a nice variety of beers available.
Cool. Thanks, Jeff.
OP updated :bigthumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts

I'm starting this thread to get more specific about an aspect that has come up in two other threads recently (1 & 2).

I put it in the general Sumit area, because this information will be helpful for future Summit years as well.

Below are two lists; one for suggested places (places that we know have outside seating and/or where we've seen pets in the past), and one for confirmed places (places which we know for sure allow pets; regardless of in or outside seating).

CONFIRMED:
Bulow's Bistro at the Beaumont Hotel
Ourayle House
Das Taco

SUGGESTIONS:
Billy Goat Gruff's Bier Garten
Buen Tiempo (Mexican)
O'Brien's Pub
the Gold Belt (pizza, etc)
No problem! I just posted this on the Ourayle page, but on your "confirmed" list I would also add Billy Goat Gruff's, Maggie's Kitchen, the Timberline Deli and Cafe Ouray.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No problem! I just posted this on the Ourayle page, but on your "confirmed" list I would also add Billy Goat Gruff's, Maggie's Kitchen, the Timberline Deli and Cafe Ouray.
Cool. Thanks, Jeff.
OP = Updated.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts

Not aware of any Dog places in Ouray , but the Kitten tacos at Billy Goats are tasty!:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
77 Posts

Definitely Billy Goat Gruff's~! We had the goldens there with us after the Trail work run..enough space for mulitple dogs, and not to be in the way of other diners..
I'm always a little nervous about my dogs, near other dogs, and FOOD. Always careful!!:rawr:

·
Registered
77 Posts

ps...yay! FInally graduated from "new member" to "Member"! Ha! (lurking should count for SOMETHING!) ;-)

·
Registered
77 Posts

Good to know.
I tried finding das taco on the net and it says it is closed. Confirmation?
I'm gonna figure, that its "closed" for the season. Unless there are events scheduled, business is nil, so they close.?
Just thinkin outloud..
We were there just after the Ouray Ice Festival, and not much was open..

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Good to know.
I tried finding das taco on the net and it says it is closed. Confirmation?
Sorry. It's closed....wasn't open at all when we were there last year...looked like it was taken over by some other business or something.
...removed from list.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Pets!! This is one of my biggest issues with the summit. Why do some dog owners let their muts run free. I have a bully and when he decides to clamp down your big friendly dog is going to need all the help he can get to be freed out from under my dog. I have been force to leave my pet at home or in my tent previous years because of careless people like you. Yes he's friendly, till your dog causes a problem.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...careless people like you.
Who is "you" in this case?
I don't even have a pet at all.

I totally agree with the sentiment though that people should maintain proper control of their pets.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Pets!! This is one of my biggest issues with the summit. Why do some dog owners let their muts run free. I have a bully and when he decides to clamp down your big friendly dog is going to need all the help he can get to be freed out from under my dog. I have been force to leave my pet at home or in my tent previous years because of careless people like you. Yes he's friendly, till your dog causes a problem.
Hmmm. People should keep their dogs under control but it does not sound as if yours IS friendly by your post.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmmm. People should keep their dogs under control but it does not sound as if yours IS friendly by your post.
Gotta agree with that statement, if your dog is not socialized, then better to leave him/her at home instead of blaming other dogs.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Who is "you" in this case?
I don't even have a pet at all.
You should get one, Steven, it'd probably help. :lol:

I totally agree with the sentiment though that people should maintain proper control of their pets.
Speaking of which, are leashes mandated? What about scat control? Are people told to clean up after Fido on the trails or is there significant risk of running $1,300 worth of DuraTracs through a three pound pile of dog spuds at the top of each summit? Serious question. If half the people show up with FiFi, and only a third care, that's a lot of trail damage.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
The last I heard, Billy Goat's is now closed including the Bistro, bar, and beer garden.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts