Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Something I picked up for my pup off of amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WQ823E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It cuts the in/out distance in half and can support up to a 200 lb pooch. (mine weighs in a a svelte 150)
I would like to do that, but I do not have a tow package. :frown

The ramp is going to be a necessity. I found one on Wayfair that I think will do well - http://www.wayfair.com/Pet-Gear-Travel-Lite-Tri-Fold-71-Pet-Ramp-TL9371CH-PGI1180.html

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,348 Posts
Labs rock!!! I suggest investing in a full roof rack, a set of freedom windows and a lot of pillows and blankets! I only have one(for now) and she does great in the back seat. I trained her with a harnes and leash so that she couldn't go passed the front seats. Works great and she does great bracing herself while bouncing around the pismo dunes and all other wheeling trips! No Barnes needed anymore!

·
Desert Moderator
6,236 Posts
My old Lab
I have no idea what lives in the holes...

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts

The ramp is going to be a necessity. I found one on Wayfair that I think will do well - http://www.wayfair.com/Pet-Gear-Travel-Lite-Tri-Fold-71-Pet-Ramp-TL9371CH-PGI1180.html

https://secure.img1.wfrcdn.com/lf/49/hash/1363/10124780/1/Pet-Gear-Travel-Lite-Tri-Fold-71-Pet-Ramp-TL9371CH.jpg[/!B

Very well done. And one can tell from the look on your face that your dog is a beloved companion rather than a burden.

It's easy to betray people with words but not so easy with our faces:smile:smile

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I just bought this one, very impressed. Works for both the Tundra and FJ. It is a bit pricey, but very well built, I did not want to worry about it breaking while my girl was on it. I did'nt get the sale price either, D***it, so be it, I would live in a cardboard box as long as my girl gets what she needs.

Solvit Extra-Large Telescoping Pet Ramp : Cabela's

·
Registered
278 Posts
Many different dog ramp options around. Since you will be folding your seats down to accommodate three dogs you can go to Tractor Supply and buy a cow may and put it in the back. They might have one that is "close enough" as far as fit, if not just buy larger and cut it to size.

I just traveled 4.5 hours one way with my two dogs (German Shepherd, and Belgium Malinois) in the back. It was a little tight but they where both able to lay down once they got situated. Mine just has the factory all weather mat in the back and it worked fine with them slipping around or anything.

Utility Rubber Mat, Black, 4 ft. x 3 ft. - For Life Out Here

Rubber Mat, Black, 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in. - For Life Out Here

·
Registered
530 Posts

I have an old pet ramp that we used for our yellow lab. I remember having to lift her to get into our SUV but she could hop out on her own with a little hesitance. Not sure what brand it is, but it's taking up space in our garage and if you haven't already purchased one perhaps I can send it to you, on your dime if you'd like. It's made of hard plastic, folds in half, has a lip on both sides, and has a rubberized coating on the surface. Send me a PM if interested and I can take some pictures of it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have an old pet ramp that we used for our yellow lab. I remember having to lift her to get into our SUV but she could hop out on her own with a little hesitance. Not sure what brand it is, but it's taking up space in our garage and if you haven't already purchased one perhaps I can send it to you, on your dime if you'd like. It's made of hard plastic, folds in half, has a lip on both sides, and has a rubberized coating on the surface. Send me a PM if interested and I can take some pictures of it.
I appreciate the offer, but the ramp I ordered is en route, and should arrive Monday. I am definitely anxious to see how it goes. Thanks tho!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dogs and FJ's go together like bacon and eggs.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I bought a "Travel-Lite Half Pet Ramp" from overstock.com for under $60. It folds in half and fits behind the front seat (see photo) and has a non slip surface. No matter how fit or young the dog is jumping up an down from a FJ onto a hard surface is not good on their joints. I also had Freedom windows installed which they love.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I bought a "Travel-Lite Half Pet Ramp" from overstock.com for under $60. It folds in half and fits behind the front seat (see photo) and has a non slip surface. No matter how fit or young the dog is jumping up an down from a FJ onto a hard surface is not good on their joints. I also had Freedom windows installed which they love.
Freedom windows will likely be coming in 2017... have to save up some cash for a variety of "to do" items.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,846 Posts
Technically this is my dog and a part of my FJ, my newest addition to the family his name is Buddy and I’ve had him for about 7 months. He’s laying on a new front LCA the UPS guy dropped off, I wanted to test the camera on my new iPhone and thought this was a rather pleasant photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
In order to make it easier for the dogs to get in and out of the FJ, I took out the bottom part of the rear seat. Back rests folded flat, they get in and out through the suicide door with the front seat moved forward. It's easier on the joints since now they only jump out from the height of the vehicle's foot well rather than the height of the load bay.
Specially our 70+ kg Boerboel with his almost 9 years wouldn't do well jumping in and out via the rear door.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my pup Roxie.
On my back seat I use the Winner Outfitters dog car seat cover I bought from Amazon. Helps keep the fur and dirt off the seats and when in "hammock" mode keeps her from falling forward into the gap between the front and back seat.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Nice looking dog. I got one of those cover/hammock things from Duluth Trade and it works great. My girl lays her head on it between the front seat and naps on road trips.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts