Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Those dog seat covers are available many places, I grabbed one from my building supply store (menards) for aboyt $10, but I can surely attest to the quality of Duluth Trading stuff.

My rescue's get to ride in the back mostly and are asking for the Chitown rear window controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another Beautiful Black Cherry Pearl!
My plan is to get a male Dogo Argentino and name him Cruiser.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is definitely not the roomiest SUV. But since this is an empty nest toy I keep the rear seats folded and it works.

Between 1990 to 2006 this guy graced the back of my 5th gen Hilux with cap, then 4Runner, then XTerra.

He was not a show/pet line dog- still the smartest dog I have ever seen, and more endurance than anything but sled line dogs I have seen.

From 1996 to 2006 he shared the back of the 4Runner and XTerra with her. Her vision had become very bad and she would put her head on his haunch and he would guide her around the yard. Then he just got so old he could not get up anymore and stopped eating. She had it to herself another year but aged fast and did not do well without him.

Then it was just a little dog for a while. Basically for the kids.

About four years ago I got a mal and she had the back of a trail rated Grand Cherokee to herself. I had actually gone to look at a male black GSD pup and she was in a litter there. Escaped and came right to me. And was the spitting image of a MWD I had been on some never to be forgotten objectives with. I was not a handler/trainer, but THOUGHT I had enough time around MWDs and with large, active dog experience it would be a cinch.

Then we rescued a sick, older husky/Aussie mix that was near death in the freezing rain. Ran off after their owner died type of thing and nobody wanted him. Wonderfully behaved and sweet.

He was about ten and had a spoiled, but short less than a year with us then woke up with a bad stroke. He could not eat or drink or balance to walk.

Oddly, less than a month later another dog started showing up at our place. Then every day. Then sleeping in our barn. We tracked down his owners less than a mile away and brought him back a few times but he was too active and rambunctious for them. They had a couple of less energetic dogs, he was a 9 month old lab / German Shepherd accident litter and he got along great with our mal. She warms up with lots of training and obstacles, then plays with him until he is exhausted. The grand Cherokee is going off with the last kid to college so they will be the pair sharing the FJ. He has the usual brains/energy of a pet/show line GSD or Lab- while she has a lot more brains and way more energy. He can’t catch her or get a toy away from her. And she has learned he does not want to play if she just fur missiles him all the time to take toys or never lets him catch her. So, She will bring him toys, or run around slow until he gets it. Then sandbag and chase him around in low gear, then dart in and take the toys without fur missiling into him. Then give it back. And start over. Instead of five or ten minutes of him playing and getting sick of never having the toy or being bowled over, she can keep him going for 30 or 40 minutes until he is exhausted.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts