Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Last year there were people carrying dogs in the tent near the children. It made me very uncomfortable and I don't understand why they'd need to have a dog with them at a family event like this. I understand its their right, but come on...

:worried:
i have a lab pup that is as energetic as they come. not aggressive, just a puppy that wants to meet you up and close. i have no issues with her around my 7 month old niece. thats because i keep her leashed when needed and i am in control of her. responsibility and common sense is key. dont worry about offending someone by asking them to leash their animal. my other dog, jack, is 2.5 yrs old and awesome. very well behaved, but he gets leashed when appropriate.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Beautiful pics ALL!!!! I have 3! Two Black and White, rough coat BCs and a rescue mix! My girls are awesome as well!!! If we come, I think the only one that I would bring is the puppy. She will be 2 in August, but is still just a huge PUPPY!!! She is running around right now with a squeaker toy just a going!!!!

I agree with all the posts on the picking up the poo and just being a responsible pet owner. We all know how to do that!!!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
i have a lab pup that is as energetic as they come. not aggressive, just a puppy that wants to meet you up and close. i have no issues with her around my 7 month old niece. thats because i keep her leashed when needed and i am in control of her. responsibility and common sense is key. dont worry about offending someone by asking them to leash their animal. my other dog, jack, is 2.5 yrs old and awesome. very well behaved, but he gets leashed when appropriate.
Hahaha that's cool... I wasn't remotely serious in my post (it was a joking allegory to the issue of guns at the Summit). ;)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hahaha that's cool... I wasn't remotely serious in my post (it was a joking allegory to the issue of guns at the Summit). ;)
Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad I didn't post my concerns about too many kids at an adult gathering. Yep glad I didn't say that. :jester:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heydee ho...
Sooo looking forward to my first summit, with our first FJ!
We travel everywhere with our two golden retrievers, and my advice to those first time dog off roaders..

DON'T CODDLE their fear/worry!
That actually confirms to them, that they are "correct" in worrying!
If you laugh it off, combined with a few "lay down" commands, it show them that YOU(their pack leader) are not worried, and that you are STILL acting pack leader!
(same applied to any situation they "shouldn't" be worried in, ie; thunderstorms, vacuums, etc..)

I do echo the previous posts on the short leash(some dogs ON leash have had bad experiences, and this many dogs, in a new place, is sensory overload, so be mindful) pick up after them.

We want to be looked upon, as good FJ/dog owners, so we can keep "playing" together, wherever we go. (I show dogs, so we strive to keep a good reputation going) :clap:

Aside from that, ginger snaps(tummy issues) and plenty of water!
WOuld love to get a group doggy photo(with handlers OBViously!! ):clap:
Soooo excited!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts