Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
serpentine belt broke in half

anyone else broke a belt? kind wondering how this happened?

drop in it off at the dealer wednesday to fix, spent last 3 days cleaning mud from everywhere.

·
Registered
416 Posts
wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them..... me and my buddy (97 land rover defender90) were out and about in north shore oahu, riding some trails and some mud holes... everything was great until we were getting ready to leave. had to go thru one more mud hole. needless to say i got stuck mud to the windows...will post pics as soon as i get them off my buddies camera....got pulled out...
DAMAGE.....

serpentine belt broke in half and valve stem on right tire sheered off.

anyone else broke a belt offroading? kind wondering how this happened?

drop in it off at the dealer wednesday to fix, spent last 3 days cleaning mud from everywhere.
Thats a new one to me, but I remember someone else on this board had to replace their pulleys after submerging their rig.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them..... me and my buddy (97 land rover defender90) were out and about in north shore oahu, riding some trails and some mud holes... everything was great until we were getting ready to leave. had to go thru one more mud hole. needless to say i got stuck mud to the windows...will post pics as soon as i get them off my buddies camera....got pulled out...
DAMAGE.....

Sucks about your belt, havn't heard that one happening yet.
Good to hear Mokes is still open. DLNR been tryin to shut it down for a while.
Nice pic though, I got stuck in the Hole when I was still stock about a year ago.
Just in case you don't know, heres the link to the Aloha FJ Cruisers site. Aloha Fj Cruisers
Good luck with Servco, Arguably one of the worst and most stubborn dealers in the country due to the fact that they are a monopoly in Hawaii.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks. yeah they do own just about everything. hopefully they wont give me any trouble. thanks for the link too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
no problem here. have had it in mud over hood several times and no issue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Off the subject. I will be at the northshore 28th to the 3rd, Turtle Bay. I will be renting a jeep. Could someone suggest a few places to offroad?

Thanks, SSC

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Peac0ck flats is ideal but you will need a permit and will have to travel around to the other side to the island but Mokoleia or mokes for short is right at the tip of the island on your side if you stay turtle bay, only thing is sometimes the patrol is there and if you go off the main trail to the fun places you can be fined. Refer to the alohafjcruiser link in my sig to hook up with the crew out that way to show ya the ropes and the best spots. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Off the subject. I will be at the northshore 28th to the 3rd, Turtle Bay. I will be renting a jeep. Could someone suggest a few places to offroad?

Thanks, SSC
We will be going to pea****flats on the 29th however got the pass already it requires licence plate number and I don't think you could be able to choose specific vehicle in advance before you rent if you do send me a PM. But like Funjunkie said you could always go to Mokuleia, expect a lot of mud thought it has been raining a lot here in Oahu.Enjoy your stay,Aloha.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
DAMAGE.....

Send me a PM if you want to wheel with us, Sorry about your trouble by the way and don't forget to check out your differentials you might also inhale some muddy water in that hole.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Check your power stering pump mine broke after leaving the dealer.Told them that the pump had play in it but they changed the alternator and 2 pullies. 9 hours later the pump let go breaking the strap so they had to replace all pullies,alternator (again) and the pump that was the problem in the beginning.
Dont let them tell you that play in the pump shaft is normal.
Good luck with the repairs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts