Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few weeks my dome light has either not worked when opening the drivers side door or works for a few seconds then shuts off. It comes on when I unlock the doors with the remote,you think its working but times out.It works when I open my wing door and works when opening the passenger side door. I take the rubber covered plunger on the wing door is the one that controls the light, seems when I push in and out I get the light working again but not for long. Looks like it should be easy to replace has any body else had any issues with there dome light switches?( the rear light seems to be fine just the drivers side) thanks KFLY

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Mine's so dim, I can't usually tell if it's on or not. Seriously, if working the switch seems to help a little, you might just try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in there. You can get it in a spray can at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
After you get them working as they should, order you some of these........

DealExtreme

You will never complain about it being dark in your FJC again.

Notice the amount of light on the car next to the FJC......and my windows are tinted.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Every door makes both lights work, except the driver side door. Very annoying.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
My dome light didn't work for a long time and then it came back on. It worked for a short time then went out again. So I finally showed my mechanic and all he did was rotate the bulb a little and it worked. Even though it worked I replaced it with a new one and it has worked from then on. I Don't remember if it was only happening at one door or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dome light didn't work for a long time and then it came back on. It worked for a short time then went out again. So I finally showed my mechanic and all he did was rotate the bulb a little and it worked. Even though it worked I replaced it with a new one and it has worked from then on. I Don't remember if it was only happening at one door or not.
Its not the bulb in my case as it works for the rest if the doors its more likely the switch or ......possibly a fuse?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts