Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay,so here's the problem:

Both front & rear dome lights will work in the on position.
The door open/ajar light on the dash will come on when I open the drivers,passengers and rear door and window.But when I put either switch to the door position they will not work.Is the blue fuse also a relay and if so, could this be the problem.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.I allready used the search and couldn't find anything.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
There's no actual relay for the dome light, so you might want to check out the fuse.

Also, the dome light switches themselves have been known to go south. That sounds most likely to be your culprit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked both the 10amp and the blue fuse.And both are working.The only issue is when I put the switch to (Door) on the front or rear or both dome lights at the same time they won't work when any door is opened.What are the chance's of both switches going bad.The rear dome is set to off always and rarely used.

Thanks for your advice Steve

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a solution or even a suggestion for you, but hope that you do post up what you find out.

Also what year of FJ do you have - just for reference. Good luck resolving the issue.

Thanks, Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mud Draggin'

The year of the VooDooBlu is 2007.I will definitely let you know when I resolve this issue.
I will be havin' a few cool ones tonight for sure,it's been a long 12 hrs.Cheers

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Is the dome light switch the little button in the door jam?
I've been having the same problem but only on the driver's side door. When I open the driver side door the dome light doesn't come on. Open any other door and the light goes on. This has been very annoying because I'm so used to leaving the parking lights in the on position so when I open the door they go off and so do the daytime running lights.

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,803 Posts
The switch is about $15.00. I had the same issue replaced the switch and all was good. Before buying I used the back door switch (it still worked) to test the driver side. When switched the driver side would activate the light. So I replaced the faulty switches. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd forgotten how much good information is on this forum...it's been ages since I've been here, but was having trouble recently with my dome lights not coming on and now see the path to resolution. Thanks all!

The switch is about $15.00. I had the same issue replaced the switch and all was good. Before buying I used the back door switch (it still worked) to test the driver side. When switched the driver side would activate the light. So I replaced the faulty switches. Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All FJ's come new with the condition you describe. The lights are programable by the dealer. If you want them to come on when the doors open and the switch is in the open door mode, they can program them at your next service. This is outlined in the owners manual. They can also program the turn off or disolve time when the doors are closed.

I had the same problem. I read the manual. I went to the dealer and had them do it and it was free. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts