Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

DominicG's Voodoo Death - Redux

86K views 571 replies 105 participants last post by  FJNewb 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought it July 21, 2006. Currently 29,0xx miles on the odo, and its my daily driver (yeah, i don't drive far, work is 1 mile away, college is 5 miles away).

Brand Spankin New!

It has a few names.. the "Voodoo Death" thread title, its just my attention grabbing method. I don't refer to it in 3rd person like it's a person. But i do like to show off.

The Driver:

What can i say? I have an FJ.. thats about it.

My FJ is built up of mostly used mods.. much cheaper.
A special thanks to the members i have bought used parts from:

RicoVerde: Bandi mount (new actually)
TCao: Sliders (Thanks Bud!!)
Lifeoffroad03: OME rear shocks
Wrigman: OME 885 springs
Air2air: Warn M8000 w/ kevlar line (Dude My FJ is part-uber now)
A member whos name i forget: TRD CAI
Sparman: Set of stock stealies
VooDooRocky: Donahoes!
kcsterling: MAF Sliders
mir207: Total Chaos UCA's
JDEMELLO: Front skid plate
I'm sure there is more...

As she sits today..:

And now a more recent pic:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Suspension/Shoes:

Update:
Now running 315/70/17 BFG A/T's on the stock stealies.

The lift started out with a 3" spacer up front, and OME lift springs in back. I eventually put some OME shocks in the back to replace the to short stockers. About 10 months later i finally got around to replacing the HORRIBLE spacers. OME N140s shocks and 885 springs went in, lasted for about 600 miles, and blew one shock. Currently saving for some Icon's or Radflo's (can't decide).

Update:
Now running ICON coilovers up front, and no more swaybar in back.

Spacered:

OME'd:

ICON'd w/ 315's:

Armor:

Update:
Got rid of the stock front skid and put a Demello skid in place.

Traded the OME sliders for Man-a-Fre sliders, then sold them. They weighed about 10 tons each :lol: Currently I am Slider-less, and don't plan on getting sliders in the future.

And the only other piece of armor that i have, are the Overland XT (cowboy 4x4) Lower Shock guards.

*Click for lower mount guards*

UPDATE 4-19

Recovery:

Previously had the Lucrum Winch mount w/ lightbar. AWESOME Quality! But sold it because i wanted a better approach angle. Picked up a Demello 3 hoop bumper.

Other stuff:

-Hi-Lift Jack w/ WabFab Slider Adapter.
-Hitch reciever w/ smittybuilt 3/4 shackle.
-AAA Card.

Current DO Bumper:

Former Lucrum Mount (this is the picture on the back of the socal FJ t-shirts)

Camping Stuff:

ARB Touring Rack and Touring Tent *Click for INSTALL thread*

and Camping Lab Awning:

Just the Rack:

#3 · (Edited)
Performance:
Doug Thorley Y-Pipe: Not worth the money.
TRD Cold Air Intake - I love it.

(language NSFW)
YouTube - 117mph in FJ Cruiser

ARB Safari Snorkel - I love it.. not only functional but IMO it looks badass! Drilling the holes for it was definitely an adventure.

YouTube - DominicG Drills The Hole

Scanguage II:

I love this little toy to.. has saved me from pushing my truck to the gas station a number of times :D

#134 ·
Performance:

TRD Cold Air Intake
- I love it.

(l;anguage NSFW)
YouTube - 117mph in FJ Cruiser

ARB Safari Snorkel - The one true thing to make Any rig expedition worthy. Drilling the wholes for it was definitely an adventure.

YouTube - DominicG Drills The Hole

Scanguage II:

I love this little toy to.. has saved me from pushing my truck to the gas station a number of times :D

In the future:

URD Y-pipe, and maybe.. just maybe, Doug Thorley's.

Hey bud -can you please pm me and tell me where you bought this neat little toy that tells you how many more miles to go before you tank is empty? ...what else does it do?
Thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
Pics

Mojave Road

Uphill, me, mudlovingfj, mattmainster

Lytle Creek

Pilot Rock

yeah yeah

MudLovingFJ, Me, Jeshua

First group trip: Me, mudlovingfj, uphill, miketino

Hellas
http://api.photoshop.com/home_93bbea1ba58c4e4aaa93b08d27679aff/adobe-px-assets/e94b502939b84f80bb3698ae82d6532c

cleghorn
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/humprnr/fj/DSCN1056_1.jpg

YouTube - DomincG's Jump at Lytel Creek

#13 ·
Congrats on ur rig Dom.It has come along way since Cleghorn 07:rocker::rocker::rocker:

#21 ·
Aside from the new front suspension that i *need*, next will be skids.

Great rig Dom. Were you in 4WD during that high speed pass? That tent is killer.
nope, i was in 2 high on the stock duelers. At that time i had no idea i could go above 30mph in 4 high.

When I was Dom's age, I was sitting in front of MTV all day. Not in school. Not in the Navy. My "car" was a nightmare Fiat 124 sedan:

The worst part is, i still remember when MTV was worth watching.:lol:

#27 ·
what is that used for?

#32 ·
I am considering a snorkle mostly because it looks cool, does it really help? do you still like it? i have a K&n you have a trd but that should still work?
thanks Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.