Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a few days ago I received my mounted and balanced atx mojave wheels and dick cepek crusher tires, let me start by saying vie been dealing with them for years they're great to buy tires and wheels but not mounted and balanced, I will buy from them again but do not,DO NOT have them mount them,

the first set of weights fell off the wheel because of improper adhesive
Theother wheels weights fell of because they were scraping my rotors, now this was all understandable, but the worst part was that I ordered sensors to be installed by them, but I brought the tires to my local shop to have them re balanced and I had them dismount to see if the sensors were there, and vies what...300 dollars out of my pocket due to tire racks inability to comprehend an order form, they "forgot" to I stall them, so for the cost of reinstallation, rebalancing and mounting, that, the cost of shipping, and the cost of the sensors, have been disputed by me through American express only tire rack bill, so just goes to show do not have tirerack mow t and balance if you buy a set of wheels and tires, and American express is the best

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Re: Do t buy from TireRack

Ok so a few days ago I received my mounted and balanced atx mojave wheels and dick cepek crusher tires, let me start by saying vie been dealing with them for years they're great to buy tires and wheels but not mounted and balanced, I will buy from them again but do not,DO NOT have them mount them,

the first set of weights fell off the wheel because of improper adhesive
Theother wheels weights fell of because they were scraping my rotors, now this was all understandable, but the worst part was that I ordered sensors to be installed by them, but I brought the tires to my local shop to have them re balanced and I had them dismount to see if the sensors were there, and vies what...300 dollars out of my pocket due to tire racks inability to comprehend an order form, they "forgot" to I stall them, so for the cost of reinstallation, rebalancing and mounting, that, the cost of shipping, and the cost of the sensors, have been disputed by me through American express only tire rack bill, so just goes to show do not have tirerack mow t and balance if you buy a set of wheels and tires, and American express is the best
Sorry to hear about your woes....

I can certainly cite my good experiences with Discount Tire. I have bought 4 sets of wheels and tires from them in the past 18 months (two sets mounted and balanced)....they have done an extraordinary job with service, fast shipping and forum discounts.

I will buy from them again and again :bigthumb:

Doc

·
Registered
238 Posts

Sorry, to hear about your misfortune. I have purchased several sets of tires from Tire Rack, but not any rims. I have only found lower tire prices at Sam's Club, when a manufacturer was offering a rebate.

Did Tire Rack offer you any recourse?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts

Bummer,

I purchsed a set of tire & wheels balanced and mounted for my 2010 FJ from TR. The set came with new lugs, and that's where they screwed up. The lugs were not designed to "properly" fit the wheels, but could still hold a wheel on the vehicle. After sending images back to them and expalining how dangerous the situation could have been, they had new lugs sent within 24hrs. Ah yes, the subtle hint of injury & damages works wonders!

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts

Weights scraped off by your rotors? Are you sure your wheels properly fit your FJ?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Was your message sent from a phone? :D

I didn't know tirerack mount and balances tires. I thought they only sell them.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
That's the sh*t's! Bought tires from them in the past. As to mount and balance? Should not be hard, but drug testing in the work place has a purpose. Sorry for the pain. I've found better service in small private business ventures rather than dealing with "box stores".

·
Registered
280 Posts
Was your message sent from a phone? :D

I didn't know tirerack mount and balances tires. I thought they only sell them.
If you buy wheel and tire as a package, they will mount and balance for free and ship them to you mounted. I just bought a pair of snow tires with steel wheels from them, with no problem. Would have bought them from discount tire, but they didn't have any snows for my wife's minivan.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...yeah I should have gone with discount tire but they didn't have the tires in the exact size I wanted, I should have gone with my local shop to do all the work...ill buy again separately but if it's free its not gunna be as good...and yes i'm on an iPad hahaha that's why the title and some of my words are going to be completely stupid due to apples breakthrough in half ass word correcting abilities

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But they do fit but it's a bit tight lol but I dot want to get rid of them cause I like the look for some reason, I may get a set of black trd tt wheels over the summer but would put all seasons cause I may not want to ride on these mud boggers all year long lol

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
If you buy wheel and tire as a package, they will mount and balance for free and ship them to you mounted. I just bought a pair of snow tires with steel wheels from them, with no problem. Would have bought them from discount tire, but they didn't have any snows for my wife's minivan.
Ah.. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I bought a set of wheels with mounted tires about 8 years ago and never had any issues. Actually, I used to use Tirerack for all my tires.

However, I found out something not a lot of people know about. The local Discount Tire and NTB will match the TireRack shipped price (even if they have to order them). That turned out to work better for me. I have been doing that ever since.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I'm thinking they may be my only option to ship FPO AP. Sux to hear the crappy outcome. I wish 4wp shipped overseas. I love my mickey thompsons. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts