Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The guys on the TT do an amazing job and I know this event would not have been the same without the efforts of the Toyota Trail Teams. The guys took charge of Black Bear, pre ran the trails to make sure all was good, donated two $500 gift certificates, did demonstrations, and were always around to talk to. The information and instruction they provide is invaluable. What would it cost you to take a class to get the knowledge they provide for free? Big compliments to the members of the Trail Team.....Good Job!:cheers:

Oh yea, they also donated a ton a schwag that went into every registration packet! I love my TT bag!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Re: Dont forget to thank the Tral Team!

For sure! Great presentations on recovery (only they need to be mic'ed next year).

Kudos for pre-running the trails, too...

·
Registered
934 Posts

I too would like to thank the trail team members.
Tim was our leader for Black Bear and he did a great job.
Chris did an amazing job on the tech demos that he did.
Hats off to eveyone.

·
Registered
43 Posts

For sure! Great presentations on recovery (only they need to be mic'ed next year).

Kudos for pre-running the trails, too...
I think I would turn into mister fumble fingers holding a mic while I taught the recovery demonstration.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts

My first experience with the TT.

I was skeptical of the whole group, thinking it was just a marketing scheme from Toyota. Scheme or not, I can't thank them enough for their support of our little hobby.

I learned a bunch from them, and only wish we were able to hang out a little more.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

Thanks to all of you TT guys!!! You are super and we really enjoy your expertise, patience and willingness to help!

Besides all that, you are fun!

cheers,

dale and shirley

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

The Trail Team has been the best thing that Toyota has done since the FJ.

You guys have brought a lot of newbie's to the off road world and taught them how to do it right.

Thanks to all the current & former Trail Team members. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts

The Trail Team has been the best thing that Toyota has done since the FJ.

You guys have brought a lot of newbie's to the off road world and taught them how to do it right.

Thanks to all the current & former Trail Team members. :bigthumb:
From a former TT member:
I hope I speak for all the Trail Team 'guys' ;) when I say it's our pleasure! We've had almost as much fun bringing the FJ out to the off-road events as you all have had attending the events.

I've met hundreds of people I now call friends. Thanks to everyone for making the Trail Teams such a success.

Mo

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, what can I say that has not already been said.

The TTT folks are very very cool.

I would not be here had I not seen them at the 24 hours of Moab, which influenced me to buy one, then they allowed me to join the Cliff Hanger run at Cruise Moab as the only stock FJ, Collin explained how to put it in 4 wheel drive at the entrance of Cliff Hanger (and kept it quiet) Ron got me up Hells Gate with great patience and care.

You guys were so nice to Melinda and me that I got excited enough to spend $6,000.00 on mods. So your program helped promote sales in the after market industry...

Robbie gave me the thumbs up to join Rubicon and learn, learn learn...

Woody..what can I say you taught me enough to basically, say "ok now you take the next two groups down the toughest section of Black bear."

Zack, I think my wife has a crush on you, so we will talk about a restraining order...Alfred, if the trailer is missing check Fillmore and Evans.....

Seriously, you are a special group that has great patience and care toward what you do. Granted all of us are not always the easiest to deal with.

I hope Toyota realizes what a special program this is and what a special bunch of folks you all are.

While at the Telluride Campsite, a guy walked up to me and asked about our Fj. He said he was considering a FJ or a Jeep Wrangler. Of course I suggested the FJ, as a much better engineered vehicle. But I also said, "Toyota has this really great after market program called the Toyota Trail Teams. These guys are all super experienced and teach you how to use all the features of your truck. You know how Apple has the programs for teaching you how to use your Mac? Well this TTT program is like having your own apple care guy on the trail teaching you how to do it...." The guys eyes were wide open and said "wow thanks for the recommendation!"

Yes I am a fan! Probably a groupie...

·
Registered
201 Posts

I too would like to thank the trail team members.
Tim was our leader for Black Bear and he did a great job.
Chris did an amazing job on the tech demos that he did.
Hats off to eveyone.
:signed::pimp:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Toyota's normal way to market a vehicle is splash it heavy on TV advertising (look at the Tundra). I'm sure glad Toyota decided to soft market the FJ Cruiser and invest in Trail Team events, or in the case of the Summit send two Trail Teams to represent Toyota.

Their off road experience and knowledge can make even the novice or lightly skilled drivers feel confident on the mountain trails. Black Bear is a nervy trail, but the expert spotting by Trail Teams made me look good.

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
The Trail Teams guys are fantastic. Woody and Chris are fantastic. Spoke with most or all of the other guys. Every one of them is really cool.

Here's a pic of Chris working with Uphill, going downhill.

·
Registered
172 Posts
:werd::cheers:Toyota did it right by hiring people who love what they do and I can't thank them enough. They couldn't have been more wise in advertising the FJ through the TTT. The Summit is an awesome community of people and we are amazed more and more how tight this group of enthusiasts is!!! It is a true pleasure to work an event like the Summit because everyone there loves there vehicle and wants to be outdoors. Thanks to Toyota and the TTT for helping making the Summit a huge success, not to mention all the other volunteer trail guides and the Summit event planners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
This is the second event I had the good fortune to wheel with the TT. I don't think we can ever say enough to thank them but...THANK YOU! I learn something new everytime and look forward to meeting again! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts