Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2010 FJC on their internet on 12-28-10 and called about its equipment and prices. Got an email back stating it had a 3" lift and ARB Bumper and ARB Roof rack on the truck and the selling price was $27,700.

I looked up the prices of that equipment and called back to make sure that They or I was not missing anything and the Guy said, yea its a sweet modified truck and we want it out of there before the end of this month.

I told him I would be there inside of 5 hours to buy the truck and to get it ready for sale. Sales guy said ok ill be ready for you.

I show up and the truck is up on one of those car display things with snow all over it. I ask to test drive, they pull it down, we go for a drive. We get back and I said, Ill take it for your advertised price of $27,700.

Guy leaves, comes back with a congrats on the new car, and started the paper work, ran credit and Went into the finance office and the paper work showed 42k as the sales price on the bill of sale. I questioned it and they looked at me like I was from mars. I showed them the email that they sent me with attached pictures on my phone. The manager came in and said, well, we can't sell it for that, how about 38k? I told him to "f*&K Off and Left. I drove 2 hours down to buy this truck with my prego wife to get dicK*ed like this..

DON"T GO THERE...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Don't think I would have left that easy.

<<Honey, here's the keys. Why don't you go get something to eat or some coffee or something while me and this pin head of a manager have a little discussion about the sales price.....>>

That does suck especially since you called back and they confirmed the price for you. Did they offer up a bull$hit reason for the mis-quote twice?

·
Registered
297 Posts
42K is insane for a used FJ, I don't care how young it is. Those mods don't even come close to 10K over a new FJ. I think they were trying to pull a fast one :deal:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the general manager at Team Toyota and I wanted to really say I'm sorry about the way your deal went down. My internet department didnt pick up the after market things added to this FJ when quoting you a price. It wasnt your fault it was ours completly. I have fixed the problem and would like to reimberse you gas money and buy you dinner at least for your waste of time. Again sorry about that we all make mistakes sometimes. Take care! 219-924-8100

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am the general manager at Team Toyota and I wanted to really say I'm sorry about the way your deal went down. My internet department didnt pick up the after market things added to this FJ when quoting you a price. It wasnt your fault it was ours completly. I have fixed the problem and would like to reimberse you gas money and buy you dinner at least for your waste of time. Again sorry about that we all make mistakes sometimes. Take care! 219-924-8100
:clap: I think they deserve a movie along with the dinner. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
477 Posts
This smells. Any well managed dealership knows what they have on their units and how much they can sell them for. We have purchased several vehicles over the internet with a phone followup to confirm the details. We have always had a trade and they have always given us a quote on the trade, subject to inspection, that has stuck.
Suggestion: 1)Don't bother trying to do business with Team Toyota in Highland. 2) make sure you confirm your agreed upon terms with the Internet Manager or General Manager and get it in writing before taking a drive to the dealership.
We are OLD folks and between the two of us we have purchased over 50 vehicles. For our 2011 we drove 105 miles. We had never dealt with the dealership before. We didn't get any pitch over the net or on the phone about how they had to move their unit or how they really needed our trade in, etc. When we arrived, they had the vehicle washed and waiting for us. We were greeted by the Internet manager and the salesperson who opened the showroom door for us. They told us to drive whereever we liked and there was no prescribed route. The terms on the contract were exactly, to the penny, what was stated in the e-mails and confirmed over the phone with the Internet sales manager.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think people on the forum should let up on this dealer. To be fair they came here and make a very fair offer to the OP to compensate for the mistake. I've worked for several dealers and I can tell you that's it rare they come into a forum and make something right like this no matter who's fault it is. The fact they did tells me they are concerned about their reputation and and to make it right for the OP.
I honestly don't think they did it on purpose. I think a miscommunication happened between the ad and the price. Not the OP's fault at all but things happen. Everyone is quick to beat up a dealer but they are human and make mistakes.
I think the OP should edit the title if he gets gas money and a dinner out of this deal it's only fair.

To Team Toyota> Awesome way to do business when a problem arises! I would buy from you based on your response to the problem if you were in CA. Good job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts