Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for suggestion as to what lift to install on my TT Edition. I would like a 3" lift but because there are so many out there I would like to get some advice. What suggestions do you have?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well if you had a small budget I'd go with a a spacer lift which keeps the stock C/Os, but otherwise I would go with a Icon C/O.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
428 Posts
OME is a popular lift. Do you plan to have a new bumper, and/or winch? IF you do or don't, take that into consideration for the front springs.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you want to use some of that money for other mods go for OME. OME springs work great with your Bilstein shocks.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Budget is about 1500.00 +/-.
Here you go with some $$$ to spare. :)
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-tech/63082-icon-suspension-special.html

I run Icons and they are awesome on and off road. I have had no issues and there customer service is good. One of if not the best Coil Overs on the market. :)

If you want to go cheaper the OME are a great product for the price, probebly the best bang for your buck but IMHO not on the same level performance wise as an adjustable Coil Over like Icon's. If you want personal testimony from some one that has had both PM DominicG he recently change to Icon's from OME.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I vote ICON all the way! I just upgraded my front from the OME heavy to the ICON long travel with heavier coils and oil..... It handles amazingly. The OME is a good lift and a quality, durable product. But, these ICON coilovers are in a different league. The coils settled big time at first, but after cranking them back up, everything is perfect. So, that is my vote. Get the IVD coating to prevent corrosion. I'm still waiting for them to release the new adjustable rear shocks. Shouldn't be too much longer!

·
Registered
831 Posts
i say spend 700 on ome than you have alot left over to do other mods bigger tires maybe. Dont know icon so cant say anything but alot of people run either one so its a toss up.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Do you want this lift for looks or for actual wheeling? If you are not gonna thrash on it, it doesn't really matter. If you plan to wheel it:

adjustable coilovers>>nonadjusable>>>>>>>>>spacers

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you just take some dirt roads and don't get into anything really tough, then save your money and go with spacers.

Cya

·
Registered
129 Posts
More than pleased with my OME lift. Couldn't ask for a better lift for the money invested. Knowing the dealer installs the same brand lift on new vehicles they warranty was the deal closer for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts