Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup...OPSEC is out the window for these people.
Yeah, that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I watched it. Especially the people in town.

I couldn't stop laughing at the guy in New England that was anti-gun violence, but would poison people or slit their throats in their sleep. I guess violence is fine, so long as it doesn't involve guns. heh

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Sorry....I think they're blocking my access to Google right now .....what are you talking about (Doomsday Preppers)?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry....I think they're blocking my access to Google right now .....what are you talking about (Doomsday Preppers)?
It's a new show about "doomsdayers" on
on NGC. I watch it like a train wreck, but I really feel bad for the kids on the show who are dragged into it by their parents.

Rather than, "come on let's go to little league practice."; It's, "come on, we're buggin' out!!!"

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
^^^^ aha.....thanks :bigthumb:
I know the kind of show you mean....it's on the verge of being entertaining and maybe even educational, but it has that element of whacko that kinda makes it hard to watch (not like BAM ....they're all whacko, and I don't have a problem with that at all :lol: ).

·
Registered
920 Posts
Haha. Yeah. My favorite is the obese woman that has like 6 years of food stored and lots of guns.

Her best quote, "At the end of the world I'll be the only one left with 100 pounds to lose."

Jokingly telling my fiancé that's what I want her to aspire to wasn't a good idea.

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
:lol:

note to self, "get cable, cause you're seriously missing out, and life is passing you by"

·
Registered
54 Posts
This show is like a prius vs 18 wheeler....you shouldnt look but it's so captivating you want to know more. I watch it every chance I get. Some people make valid points about things I already do (storing MRE's because the Army hands them out like their going out of style) and some are just absolute whack jobs like the girl that was going to walk from Houston to Mexico in the event of a gas crisis (other than the fact that thats quite a walk, I'd rather have civil unrest in the US than Mexico) :lol:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I set the DVR to record all of these shows. It started recording one last night and the only part I saw is where the dude shot his own finger off. And then being nice and "PC" I think he referred to it as a "midget didget". Or maybe that's what my roommate said. I was kind of in awe with the brief 5 minutes either way. Should be entertaining.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The show is entertaining, some of those people are nuts. That guy is capitalizing on a very paranoid group of people that have no limits regarding survival. One guy from 88 tactical? spent $450,000 for his bunker. I figure when my time is up, it's up. Until then, I could find better things to spend 450k on.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The show is entertaining, some of those people are nuts. That guy is capitalizing on a very paranoid group of people that have no limits regarding survival. One guy from 88 tactical? spent $450,000 for his bunker. I figure when my time is up, it's up. Until then, I could find better things to spend 450k on.
What gets me is what are these people going to do when there 6 month supply of food and water is out? While the rest of the world has adapted to there suroundings, there going to pop out in 6 months not knowing what the hell is going on.

What gets me is the rest of the world has had termoil, yet you don't see them retoring to under ground bunkers and 6 month supplies of food and water. I can understand having extra food and water in the event of a natural disaster, but who are these people fooling? If someone truely wants some bad enough there going to get it. And that means if they want in to your bunker, they'll find a way.

The first episode i watched was where a guy had is generator stolen from his bunker. It was buried like 20ft. underground surreounded by metal plates and what not and the thiefs still got it. They rebuild it and add camera's like thats going to prevent people from getting it again. The real kicker? His bunker is over 300 miles away form his house in the andies.:rofl: So even if he did see the theft, not like he's within driving distance to prevent anything.

Oh well. At least the show is entertaining. :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love the show for entertainment the "New England guy" from Maine was one of the funnier ones for sure.

Good job son now ur a man...here's your umbilical to burn in the fire

I hope there's a zombie apoclipse one!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Amen to that. I could have an extremely good time and buy a lot of necessary things(guns, ammo, gas and food) in order to, as Burt Reynolds said in Deliverance"Now you get to play the game".:ninja:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea , it's a bit extreme , but it gives you some good pointers !! We all have leaned on technology a bit too much ! So it wouldn't hurt to be a bit survival smart !! I live in the city, I have enough guns and ammo to get out and head south to family. La Riots , **** like that make you wonder what the hell are they thinking ...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
170 Posts
This show always sucks me in.... i start thinking hey thats a good idea then ten minutes later NOPE THAT DUDE IS CRAZY.

This weeks show and the guy that trains a group of kids as his "junior rangers" umm really? people send their kids to this guy....? Im not sayin anything but Im just sayin...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts