Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
I watch the show so I know where to go and steal their sh*t if really does hit the fan.

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You gotta watch this show like a train wreck, you gotta watch it for the crazies

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I couldn't watch the whole episode cause they were just too unbelievable (as in crazy), but I think there was a wife or girlfriend on the episode and was like...."when the government takes over, we need to be able to fend for ourselves..."....really? psycho!!!! Sheeples I tell you.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
OMG!
Clicking through channels in the hotel room on vacation, I stumbled upon dp tonight and holy crap......i love this show!

of course, i too would probably get a bit turned off by some of the extremist edges on the show, but wow......lots of great ideas, and some (though backwoods-ish at times) extremely intelligent minds working through some pretty ingenious scenarios.

ya, it 'probably' wont happen in my lifetime, etc, but it could...

Posted from my Android using Autoguide App

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
SHTF is the extreme but a lot of this "doomsday prep" (food, generator, water supply, etc) would be useful even if our grid gets knocked out. This is something that could not only happen nationwide without much difficulty but happens all over the country each year when hurricanes and tornadoes mess things up.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
^^^^^ Yep. I totally agree. That's why I'm glad I finally got to see an episode or two. Hopefully I can find some reruns now that we're back home from the hotels. :lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Anyone figure out how he shot his thumb? Seems like they said misfire and later that his thumb was in front of the barrel. I figured he just pulled the trigger by accident with his thumb in front of it. I'm thinking accidental discharge and not misfire.

Then there was the guy that learned what weeds to eat and to carry money to placate the territorial homeless folks that live under the city bridges so he could live along side of them. I guess that's the budget plan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What I find amusing are the hippie preppers who refuse to carry guns to defend themselves. Those people will be the first to die and their stuff looted.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
What I find amusing are the hippie preppers who refuse to carry guns to defend themselves. Those people will be the first to die and their stuff looted.
For longer-term events where society and civilization itself is at risk, that's right, but if it's just a few days, there's no reason a gun is absolutely necessary. I think it all depends on what kind and level of SHTF you're prepping for.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
For longer-term events where society and civilization itself is at risk, that's right, but if it's just a few days, there's no reason a gun is absolutely necessary. I think it all depends on what kind and level of SHTF you're prepping for.
Agreed, the problem is that the extreme ones (preppers) hope for everything to happen as they are planning for and I wonder do they every leave their towns and go on trips or are they always waiting of the something, being prepared is one thing and being obsessive about a fear is another. People without guns will be the first to go or maybe not, but when things really break down and resources become scarce and those with guns become those without resources, they will be the ones to take from those without guns but with resources.

I still love the one where a New York firefighter is getting ready for the Yellowstone super eruption when New york is at one of the least risk spots for that eruption and aftermath in terms of ash.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,869 Posts
Agreed, the problem is that the extreme ones (preppers) hope for everything to happen as they are planning for and I wonder do they every leave their towns and go on trips
Sometimes within a reasonable distance. We mostly watch the forums looking for people who will be driving through our areas and then we offer to lead them through some remote area near us on a sight seeing trip..........Then we strike. You wouldn't happen to be coming near WY this summer would you?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sometimes within a reasonable distance. We mostly watch the forums looking for people who will be driving through our areas and then we offer to lead them through some remote area near us on a sight seeing trip..........Then we strike. You wouldn't happen to be coming near WY this summer would you?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
AWESOME plan...:grim:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The one I saw that made me chuckle was the hippie couple from Kansas that moved into an old missile silo. They think a metal fence and some barbed wire will protect them.

They will be happily ever after during an end world scenario living off rainbows and unicorns

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,869 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

If it's just a few days?

After the power went out in the Big Easy during Katrina, how long did it take the zombies to spawn? I lived 3 hours north of New Orleans and on day 3 our crime rate went up 300%. However, we did live next to a major evacuation route.

Edited to add: Also remember, Walmart only has 3 days worth of food on their shelves..........

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
If it's just a few days?

After the power went out in the Big Easy during Katrina, how long did it take the zombies to spawn? I lived 3 hours north of New Orleans and on day 3 our crime rate went up 300%. However, we did live next to a major evacuation route.

Edited to add: Also remember, Walmart only has 3 days worth of food on their shelves..........
I know someone is going to try to track me down and make sure I'm the first house hit now that I say this, but....

I am almost 100% sure that, if a temporary SHTF happened in my area, I would not in any sense have to worry about needing any guns to keep 'the zombies' away from my house. Geez....we've been snowed in for that long before, and never even needed anything.

Again though, this thread is about 'Doomsday', and I totally get that. My comment is not relevant since we actually are talking about really bad SHTF events, and I didn't mean to say we won't need guns for that kind of an event. Yes, we will....lots of them....and lots and lots of ammo.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know someone is going to try to track me down and make sure I'm the first house hit now that I say this, but....

I am almost 100% sure that, if a temporary SHTF happened in my area, I would not in any sense have to worry about needing any guns to keep 'the zombies' away from my house. Geez....we've been snowed in for that long before, and never even needed anything.

Again though, this thread is about 'Doomsday', and I totally get that. My comment is not relevant since we actually are talking about really bad SHTF events, and I didn't mean to say we won't need guns for that kind of an event. Yes, we will....lots of them....and lots and lots of ammo.
Well, the threads not really JUST about doomsday, it's just about the prepper show (and the bunker show) and our opinions of it, so your response wasn't off topic. Also, because of your geographic and cultural location, you may not need a firearm. Because of where you live, you probably have a little prepper mindset already. Hell, you own an FJ. That says enough in itself.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts