Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
A more real scenario would be that the Govt decides to start rounding folks up under some martial law FEMA deal. This really could happen if things don't improve in this country. The Katrina situation was a test run for these guys. I see Ft Polk in the vicinity with lots of tents, empty barracks, helicoptors, C rats and the ability to handle large numbers of people and they did absolutely nothing. Do you think they would have left Bush's mom sitting on some roof for three or four days to die? These folks were abandoned to crap and sleep in it in a sports stadium. Try that on a nationwide basis. There aren't enough cops and I doubt that when push comes to shove the Army is going to turn on their own families. Shut off the fuel to this country and see what happens, kill the power, let the dollar dissolve into worthlessness.

The difference would be: lots of people have guns but are they willing to use them? I recall the LA riots when the gun shop owner was standing out front with an AR15 and the looters just walked up, took it away and looted his store. If he was smart he would have been INSIDE and when they came in, they are free game. A few blocks away the Koreans were on the roof blasting shotguns at anyone who came close, they were very willing to shoot, they were not looted. We have a lot more to fear from FEMA or the Department of Homeland Security than any disaster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Katrina situation was a test run for these guys.
Katrina was not a test run for FEMA, it was an epic fail for them. Before Katrina, it was just another useless, inept government bureaucracy. FEMA grew in a different direction after Katrina and has taken on some very suspicious characteristics, but before the flood it was an innocent yet very inept organism. However, they learned much from Katrina and added many strategies to their playbook. Some of their strategies are very scary indeed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A more real scenario would be that the Govt decides to start rounding folks up under some martial law FEMA deal. This really could happen if things don't improve in this country. The Katrina situation was a test run for these guys. I see Ft Polk in the vicinity with lots of tents, empty barracks, helicoptors, C rats and the ability to handle large numbers of people and they did absolutely nothing. Do you think they would have left Bush's mom sitting on some roof for three or four days to die? These folks were abandoned to crap and sleep in it in a sports stadium. Try that on a nationwide basis. There aren't enough cops and I doubt that when push comes to shove the Army is going to turn on their own families. Shut off the fuel to this country and see what happens, kill the power, let the dollar dissolve into worthlessness.

The difference would be: lots of people have guns but are they willing to use them? I recall the LA riots when the gun shop owner was standing out front with an AR15 and the looters just walked up, took it away and looted his store. If he was smart he would have been INSIDE and when they came in, they are free game. A few blocks away the Koreans were on the roof blasting shotguns at anyone who came close, they were very willing to shoot, they were not looted. We have a lot more to fear from FEMA or the Department of Homeland Security than any disaster.
We are closer to something like that , than you think !

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
We are closer to something like that , than you think !
As soon as the deadbeats in Europe default on the money they owe, the financial house of cards will come tumbling down, taking the U.S. and China with it! What will people do when the money they thought was safe, is suddenly gone, with no explanation of where it went! I think a LOT of rifle scopes will be being dialed in for a lot longer range, with Wall street and the 535 in D.C. being considered fair game! Things could get REAL interesting.:bandit:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Remember, the Patriot Act was ready to go when 9-11 went down. Almost like they knew it was coming huh?

We lost an awful lot in that stupid law. When you enter a poker tournament, you fill out a Patriot Act form. When you buy a house, refinance, anything, it goes to them. Hitler had the Reichstag burnt as his excuse, 9-11 was ours. Homeland Security..our own $55B a year Gestapo.

I honestly think that even the ordinary Joe is finally beginning to realize that something's wrong in Denmark. I only hope that the US Army isn't willing to turn on their own people. DHS just recently bungled a raid in Petaluma CA, showing up with 40 swat officers and a tank to arrest some gang banger who had been in court the previous week. The whole family started shooting back thinking it was a home invasion, three ICE agents were shot, one perp arrested after shooting the Dad's house to pieces. What are these folks doing arresting a driveby shooting suspect? Amateur hour cops doing what?

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Practice, and to see who and how many scream about the injustice of it all. Our voices better get louder before they have our own children brain washed. Oh! Too late!!!!

·
A-Team Moderator
10,834 Posts
In other news, Ruger has stopped taking orders, with more than one million back orders currently on hand. Their firearm sales by April of this year had reportedly exceeded all sales for 2011. Smith and Wesson, Mossberg, Hi Point and others are facing similar problems, if you can call that a problem, in this terrible economy.

Gun sales continue to provide robust stimulus to the economy. The February 2012 adjusted NICS firearm-background-checks figure of 1,266,344 is an increase of 31.4% over the 963,746 in February 2011. These figures from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) are adjusted to more accurately reflect actual firearm sales, since some NICS checks are performed for states that use NICS to qualify people for CCW permits and for other purposes.

The numbers are not precise sales figures, since one NICS check can be used for multiple purchases, and some people, after a check, decide not to complete a purchase. Without the adjustments carefully performed by NSSF, the figures would be different.

For example, the unadjusted February 2012 NICS count is 1,734,646 background checks, an 18.6% increase from the unadjusted NICS figure of 1,463,138 in February 2011.

The Brady Campaign to Promote Gun Violence was rumored to be nauseated that the system they instigated informs us that 1.7 million Americans sought guns or gun-related actions -- in a single month. They didn't like this either:

This is the 21st straight month that NSSF-adjusted NICS figures have increased when compared to the same period the previous year. The world may be going to heck in a handbasket, but the firearms industry is a tremendous bright spot in the economy. The lamestream media could not be reached for comment. Read more and view the charts: February 2012 NSSF-Adjusted NICS Background Checks Up 31.4 Percent

Total NICS background checks from inception in November 1998 through last March totaled 145.7 million. The most checks for any month were last December (2011) with 1,882,000 conducted. Three of the "top ten" days for background checks have occurred since "Black Friday" last November. March 2012 was the 22nd straight month that NSSF-adjusted NICS figures have increased.

With 145 million checks conducted in just the past 14 years, the lamestream media's popular figure of 200 million guns in American hands -- for the rest of the nation's two centuries of history -- seems like it might be a bit low, you think?

The "news" media was unavailable for comment. Or reporting.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Another horribly soft scripted "reality" show. I was really irritated when I saw that the Utah ANG was involved with an episode. I hope they got hit for that. Terrible waste of taxpayer money.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a cool show, and I have learned some neat stuff, but for the most part 80% of the people are ridiculous.
Kinda like that guy the other night that made the catapult or whatever out of metal studs to throw those large 4 point throwing stars..I just laughed, those things were going about 30 feet in the background. You could throw them by hand farther. Their overall protection plan was pretty bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
A-Team Moderator
10,834 Posts
Did anyone else see the Italian, Swiss, Slovakian and British versions of Doomsday Preppers last night? Same $hit, different locations, 'cept very few guns. And them Mayan prophecies didn't pan out too well. :rofl:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
...although...in Mayan times, the Earth revolved around the sun much more slowly. So, in Mayan revolutions, we're still in like the 1970s or something.

totally kidding, of course :lol:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
...although...in Mayan times, the Earth revolved around the sun much more slowly. So, in Mayan revolutions, we're still in like the 1970s or something.

totally kidding, of course :lol:
^^^^

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
61 - 80 of 93 Posts