Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new, black door handles...im in now way wanting to break, or force the old off, and the new on...so, im turning to the forum guru's for advice...how to swap the old, for the new?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Where is that thread? Had all the instructions in it...might be missing after the site change.

Anyways, the first thing to do is open the door and pull that rubber plug out. Inside is a Torx bolt. (Size 40???), loosen it. Don't try to force it out.

Once that is loose, the key assembly should slide right out, then pull door handle out and towards your position (opening of door).

Then reverse to install. Time yourself. I think fastest person here was 10 minutes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There are many postings on this and one that contains all the info you need. I don't have time to search for it right now, but it's on here, it's the one I used and commented on as well. Very helpful info in it!

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DONE!!! thanx guys, and gals...ive got them on, it was as easy as everyone has said..pop the black tab, size 30 star head, and presto! this sight rocks...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Glad I ran across this thread! I just ordered a set this evening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts