Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend a lot of time at our family's ranch, and many times when deer hunting I need to be able to open my door without removing the keys, but the key in ignition chime goes off, which is not beneficial to being as quiet as possible. As a rule of thumb, it just isn't a good idea to remove the keys. Does anyone know how I can disable this?

Many thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem
Just trying to help out
good luck, that's the same mod I will be doing in about 1 hour :bigthumb:
Thanks! I will do the same next weekend, if it isn't raining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,
Sorry I had to join up to share what I had found. I've seen so many posts of people permanently removing the buzzer, cutting wires, wiring up additional switches, disabling door switches etc. All of these seem so crazy when you see how easy it is to do!

This might be a little easier to do on RHD models, but the concept should be the same, just a bit more difficult to get to on LHD models.
Here is a video for those who don't like to read: https://youtu.be/SZqgZh829Wg

1) Pop open the fuse panel in the drivers knee panel.
2) Look up in there with a torch and you will see a four pin connector with a green sheath.
3) Disconnect the connector.

That's it! No damage, completely reversible, and quick enough to do even if you just want to disable it for a quick job where you need the door open. No tools required for the RHD edition.
If any LHD FJ'ers would like to test and report that would be great!

Thanks for all the help that the forum has provided so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
I posted this in another thread but to repeat. On my 2014 US spec FJ there is a blue connector behind the panel below the steering column. Unplug it...chimes gone
Would you be willing to post a pic, or the link to the other thread you mentioned? I looked pretty thoroughly behind the driver's knee panel on my US 2014 FJ and did not see a blue connector. Really anxious to be chime-free... Thanks.

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,077 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
OK, thanks, this makes sense now. Will check this out after work tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts